All reviews cascade station buffalo wild wings red robin w hotel portland airport free parking light rail lobby bar an early flight sliding door indoor pool max line flat screen rental car shuttle service public transportation ihop
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Some things at aloft Portland are good, some are not so good, so it averages out. I'm going to start with the good, so this doesn't seem like negative review, since there are several negative "quirks" to this place, but I think even though they are numerous, they are minor.
Good: Best thing=great location. At least in my opinion. If you have to stay near PDX, its a great spot. Very clean. very safe and lots of nearby options of places to walk to grab a bite or to stop by a store if you forgot something. It sits next to an outdoor mall essentially, but without any noticeable traffic or problems from that (though I didn't stay through a weekend.. maybe that is busier then?) Also good is that the place is modern, hip (ish), and mostly clean - but the aloft brand is more of a budget brand than say a W hotel. Similar styles, but W hotels look like they are furnished from Design within Reach, and aloft hotels feel like they are furnished from Target (not that there's anything wrong with Target). Fun, nice, but small common areas. A sitting/drinking lounge, and outdoor courtyard a small pool. Nice amenities to have.
Ok, all that noted, here's the bad (though as mentioned, nothing major):
BAD: strange room layout.. shower has a glass (but opaque) window leading to the bedroom, so if someone is in the shower, the light bleeds into the bedroom and the person in the bedroom sees a (sexy?) silhouette of the showering person. Fairly budget quality linens and towels. Clean but mid quality. Room furnishing similarly are OK, but a lot of particle board with wood grain.. and fair amount of wear on the room. Also, I'm not sure what this was before an aloft hotel, but it definitely feels like a converted something. Actually it almost feels like it used to be a hospital. It has a very slow two door elevator (opens on two sides) even though I think it's completely unnecessary. And did I mention it's really slow? Then a couple of quite notables: the lights in the hallway are supposed to "hip" but are low budget LED tube, with fabric draped over them. The deadbolt on the connecting door in my room was completely gone.. like it had been broken through. It still had the security flip "latch", but just shows poor maintenance and maybe indicator of clientele? Very small working desk, not that I need anything huge, but can be difficult for some business travelers.
All this said, I would totally stay here again. Again, the big seller for me is the location. I had been staying at the Sheraton PDX prior, and while the hotel itself and room were a little bit nicer, the hotel sits on an ISLAND in its location, which is less desirable for me.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
gsalas2017, Front Office Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

I received your Guest Experience survey and I would like to thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for your expectations not being met during your last visit. There is no excuse when failure occurs in the delivery of customer service and satisfaction. We strive to provide the highest level of products and services to our valued guests.

I am uncertain as to how it slipped our Repair department that the deadbolt on the connecting door was not placed back to its position. That issue has been resolved and I appreciate your feedback on it.

Once again I sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us. I only hope that you'll give us another chance to truly shine.

If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

It is modern and interesting but lacks warmth. One wonders if this was just a cheap way to build and decorate.The staff were not friendly, check you in no smile etc.. No continental breakfast, restaurant. There is a bar with minimal food, appetizers. Noisy. Basically a comfortable place to sleep for an early flite.

Stayed: March 2018
gsalas2017, Front Office Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Hello and greetings from the Aloft Portland.

I received your Guest Service Survey and I would like to thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for your expectations not being met during your last visit. There is no excuse when failure occurs in the delivery of customer service and satisfaction. We strive to provide the highest level of products and services to our valued guests.

We stand committed to providing the necessary trainings for all our talents, so that similar incidents will not be repeated in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

This is our first time staying in an Aloft and I gotta say it was very comfortable and hip. First of all the workout room and pool is open 24 hrs – this is a rare treat as both are generally closed after our performance. You couldn’t ask for a better location either as every sort of shopping and dining is in walkable distance (also the airport); but I had an excellent meal at the 24 hour self-serve area. Fast and easily accessible WiFi, wonderful water pressure/hot water with premium soap products (I have to get some of this Bliss Blue Bar for the house). The TVs in these rooms are much larger than you would generally find at other hotels; we were able to hook a PS4 up to the cool A/V breakout box. This location featured super clean and spacious rooms with high ceilings and comfortable beds as well, also plenty of free parking for a large vehicle. This botique hotel is an exciting change from the mundane stays we generally have and we can’t wait to try out other locations down the road. Thanks again to the wonderful staff here! 10/10

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Aloft Hotels want to be trendy, boutiquesque, and hip - but frankly I just find them and particularly this one, overpriced and underwhelming. Fun club like music and subdued lighting greet you in the lobby upon arrival, and staff was pleasant and welcoming. However, with two sloooooow elevators, a somewhat limited workout room, and fluorescent lights throughout the hallways covered by draped cloth, this hotel just feels like a dorm hall from college. Room was comfortable and clean, but overall it was small and basic. Older and somewhat loud air conditioning, particle board desk, and only a curtain across a bar as closet just made this feel even more like a dorm room. For what you get, it's not worth the money. Best feature of this hotel is it's proximity to the shops and restaurants at Cascade Station.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
RosarioJukkala, Director of Sales at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear Trav4Work,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do have have some great projects in the works. Hallway lighting and new furnishing are on order to give the hotel a refreshed feel. We also have some great flower pots and seating that will be coming into the hotel to make it feel warmer. We do hope you'll give us another chance to make a better impression.

Take care,
Rosario Jukkala

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Pleasant hotel, stayed because of super early flight and can usually get decent last minute rates. The trip got room 223 which is right over the entrance and unfortunately the sound of the doors opening comes right through the floor. Being a light sleep this woke me many times through the night. It's nice the get a room on the south (entrance) side as you are away from the runway.

Room Tip: Avoid room 223
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business