Reviews (3 317)
3 317 results
1 995
1 995
All reviews urban farmer the club lounge rooftop bar departure restaurant departure lounge pioneer square department store turn down service top floor concierge desk city view beautiful hotel heart of downtown corner room valet parking valet service fitness center
187 - 192 of 3 317 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Wow. If I could give this place zero stars, I would. Now, where to start?

Valet - I quote, one of the valet people said "Money Money Monday - Getting mega cash from these people!!" How unclassy. When we dropped our car off, they were inattentive and uninterested. Pro tip, unless you are wearing designer brand items, they will ignore you.

Room- We booked a 'Club Level' Room and they said it wasn't ready (we were two hours later than our arrival time and still wasn't ready..?) So they put it at the 14th floor which the windows literally look at a white wall. WOW. So we called down to be moved back down to our original floor and the hellish wait started. They said our room would be ready in 30 minutes and 2 hours later we finally had to call the front desk again to see if it was ready, it still wasn't. Finally, we got into our room; which was nice, but the wait was horrible.

Lost item - we misplaced a dress in the closet and the lobby lady said "there wasn't a logged item" and wouldn't put in a request for a look into it?! Wow, great customer service (not).

Breakfast - nothing to write home about; expensive without any definitive flavor.

Lunch/Dinner - good, but for the price? You are better off exploring downtown/city center Portland.

This hotel is BY NO MEANS luxury. Yes the rooms are nice, but the service is HORRIBLE. If your goal at a 'luxury' hotel is to be treated horribly, disrespected and looked down upon, this is your special place! If not, I recommend going elsewhere to experience true luxury, unlike the façade that is this hotel. Absolutely abysmal.

Room Tip: choose elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adel C
Jean-MarcJalbert, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Adel,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with our team. I am extremely disappointed to read that there were such a number of issues during your recent stay with us. This is absolutely not a normal experience at the Nines and I am very concerned to read a number of these comments. Please feel free to reach out to my assistant, Elise, at elise.anderson@thenines.com as we would love for the chance to make this situation right.
Jean-Marc Jalbert

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I am an old Starwood fan, and try to stay at the Luxury properties when I can. What a great location, great staff and very nice hotel in Portland. I enjoyed the roof top bar a year ago and finally stayed there this year and of course enjoyed the roof top bar again. My time at hotel was minimum due to schedule but enjoyed breakfast, work out room and great sleep, love those beds. The staff was professional and pleasant with every encounter. Loved the guys at valet waiting for my car to come around. They were always spot on with time and enjoyed their attentiveness. I will return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Spent three nights at the beginning of June. After some confusion at the check in desk over what type of room I thought we should have, settled in to a very nice room overlooking Pioneer Square on the club level. Although the club level was a bit of a dissapointment due to it not being open all the time, it did serve a somewhat limited set of choices for happy hour and breakfast. If you compare it ot other "club" level experiences, it was a four or five on a scale of ten. Some of the rooms have been updated and definately ask for one of the ones with a free standing shower. Much nicer! The hotel has a nice rooftop bar and restaurant and the 8th floor lobby is very nice.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We spent four night at The Nines while on a tour of the Pacific Northwest - highly recommend it. We were fortunate to have a "club level" room that included a very nice lounge with breakfast, snacks, wine and desserts at various times throughout the day. A special THANKS to Bryce L. for his superb attention to our needs!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holb001
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Can not beat the walk score here. Super cool staff in the roof top Asian fused food area. The roof top view worth the price of the unique drinkology!!! Or grab a brew. The Urban Restaurant downstairs had a tasting of beef (steak) that we all enjoyed. Rooms generous in size. Only glitch we asked for a hold over for an extra two days, the guy at the front desk raised the rate crazy amount, said there was no flexibly and basically saying move out. We checked the website, The Nines website not some discount place and the room rate published there was LESS then what we were paying. Felt the hustle right. Went to Manager and they got it together. Stay and Eat there. Great gym too.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business