All reviews portland airport three tvs front desk continental breakfast free glass of wine rooms are huge sleeping area flat screen wet bar pool and hot tub bit dated junior suite dining table attached restaurant two queen beds hotel restaurant exercise room
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Nicely staffed hotel with large rooms. It's great to have a refrigerator, sink, coffee maker in the room. Rooms are a bit dated (old TV's), but the anemenities make up for it. The complimentary breakfast is in the hotel restaurant and is a nice start to the day.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The Shilo is a nice clean hotel with friendly staff, and a 24 hour pool, hot tub, and exercise room. The rooms are large and have a sink in the bathroom and another outside of the bathroom making it easier for multiple people to get ready at once.
My only issue is the free breakfast. Very limited selection, and the wait staff was not very friendly or attentive.
Overall I would stay here again. The location is great. Near the airport and the major interstates.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018

My husband and I and our 3 year old grandson stayed one night. Indoor pool was clean and fun for the 3 year old. It's an older hotel, but the room was clean and spacious and the beds were comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast the next morning, which was served in the restaurant, and they have several items to choose from that are included with the room rate, and then if you want anything on the main menu you get a $4.00 credit towards that. I also saw they have a laundry room for guests who are staying longer or have been on a long trip, nice to be able to catch up on your laundry. Everyone was very nice at this hotel and we felt safe here. Also, noise from airport was minimal and did not keep us awake.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We had stayed at this hotel a few years ago with no problems. Soon after checking in we realized some kids were above us. Lots of banging & jumping. After about an hour in a half we asked to switch to a different room from the 1st floor to the 3rd.

Now from 9:30pm to midnight someone above has been constantly pacing back and forth. Sounds like a nervous person or maybe a dog? It’s LOUD. My husband went to the front desk again. It seems to have stopped for now thank goodness. Just a warning for light sleepers, maybe ask for the top floor.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I needed to make a last minute Business Trip to Portland and, based upon other Trip Advisor reviews decided upon the Shilo Inns Portland Airport.
I knew it was going to be a great experience when I discovered that I was .3 miles from my rental car place. ( So easy access to the Freeway )
Things only got better. Great Room, Great Price and an exceptional staff. The Complimentary Breakfast was excellent ( great coffee and wonderful staff in the restaurant )
ADDED BONUS; My business has me giving day long presentations with a great deal of participant interaction and in the evenings I unwind by walking ( usually on a treadmill) The Shilo Inn, for being close to the airport is, actually, in a very quiet "hotel row" area that is well landscaped, with sidewalks, trees and large pond and a wonderful 1 mile 'loop' walk that is very safe.

Still the BEST Thing about this hotel is the Staff. Professional, approachable, polite and patient.
If you are staying in Portland you NEED to stay here.

Room Tip: Suites are wonderfully spacious
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business