“Nice clean on main street”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New Hing's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 120 Restaurants in Oregon City
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Have eaten there several times and have ordered take out food is hot, nice choice, seams to have room for a lot of people for groups or just one

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This is the only decent Chinese food in Oregon City and it’s not even that great, now do t get me wrong it’s edible unlike other places but I’m in no hurry to go back. The portions are large and the prices re decent but The sweet and sour pork was greasy and more bell peppers then anything. The one thing I would look forward to eating again is their chicken wings.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I'd gone to New Hing's a couple of years ago and wasn't impressed. The ssevice and food were okay but nothing special. I was downtown around lunch time and decided to give them another try.

I'm glad I did!

The waitress was very friendly and prompt. She brought me a glass of water and a menu. I was thirsty so the water was gone right away. A couple of minutes and the waitress was there to refill my water and see if I wanted more time to decide.

I was ready to order. I chose the #9. Kung Pao chicken, BBQ pork, sweet and sour chicken, egg roll, and fried shrimp. The waitress said it comes with soup. I chose the sweet and sour soup.

Last time I was here the sweet and sour soup was my least favorite part of the meal. It's gotten a lot better! Still not great, but I enjoyed it. Last time it tasted like it was full of catsup. This time it was much better.

When the main course arrived it was an awesome sight! I always eat my egg roll first. My first thought was that the egg roll was a little on the small size. Then I took a bite...

That was incredible! Light, crispy wrapper and not oily at all!

A bite of the Kung Pao and I was wondering if I was in the same restaurant as before. It was amazing.

The BBQ pork was good. Maybe could have been cooked a touch more, but no big deal.

On to the sweet and sour chicken. I should have ordered the sauce on the side because I like just the right amount of sauce on the chicken. And, it tends to get soggy by the end of the meal. That being said, the batter was thin, light, and crispy. Not at all oily. Delicious! It did get a little soggy by the end, though.

All I had left was the fried shrimp. I have never had good fried shrimp at a Chinese restaurant. Never! More batter than shrimp. Tiny, rubbery shrimp covered in oil soaked batter that is twice as much batter as shrimp.

Well, that just came to an end.

The tail-on shrimp at New Hing's had a light, thin, crispy coating that was amazing! I should have just ordered a huge pile of fried shrimp! But, then again, I would have missed out on all the rest of the great food.

I'll be back. Probably within a week!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We tried an evening meal at this restaurant going off Trip advisor comments and were not disappointed. The place is large and clean. The servings are extremely generous like the good old days and prices very reasonable. It is the only Chinese restaurant that when we ordered shrimp fried rice.....the shrimp were large prawns and very abundant!
The other dishes we had were Beef and Vegetables and a Chicken Chow Mien which were also extremely large servings and great value for money. The average plate is about 10 to 12 dollars and worth every penny! You can not go wrong here!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Hadn't been to this one before but glad. I found it. Clean spacious and not at all dingy. Servie was stellar and reccomendations for dishes were perfect. Had a seafood chowfun not on menu and a sweet and sour chicken. Appetizer of BBQ pork all were outstanding and will be ordered again. Better than you would think form the outside give it a go,.