All reviews coos bay plank house bay view tower rooms place to stay shore acres nice room rv park parking lot oregon coast coffee maker bend bellman tubs boardwalk accommodations shampoo
Reviewed 24 May 2018

My wife and I used the Mill Casino Hotel as a stop on our Pacific Coast Scenic Byway road trip. The hotel room is very clean and updated. Bed was comfortable and staff is friendly and helpful. Pool and jacuzzi is nice. Everything was great except the restaurants can only be accessed by walking through the casino.....which smells like an ashtray overflowing with cigarette butts. What is worse, after finishing a nice meal (Plank House has a nice water view) you must walk back through the stench to get to your room. Especially unappetizing in the morning after breakfast. My observations could identify only about 10-15% of the casino patrons actually smoking. Perhaps like other casinos, they could set aside an amenity filled location for smokers and let the remaining 85-90% of us enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HikerTraveler
Suzann_Anaya, Director of Hotel Operations at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear HikerTraveler,

Thank you for visiting us recently, like other travelers, I noticed that you pointed out our comfortable beds. We have those beds made right here in Oregon, and are especially proud of them, thank you for noticing!

As to your other observation, I regret someone did not point you in the direction of our boardwalk. We have a lovely, smoke-free (outdoor) access along the beautiful boardwalk overlooking Coos Bay. On your next visit, should you wish to reach the restaurants while avoiding the smoke, this would be your best route.

Happy travels!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

In my, "July 2017 Review" I commented about the entrance hole in the pavement, which you hit when driving in over the train tracks. Wow! Someone listened and did something about it!
Stayed recently and there was major work done to the entrance and no more hole.
Here is an interesting side note: As I was walking in from the parking lot, I was having conversation with a fellow and noted the repairs to the entrance drive-in and his comment was, "So you're the one!" Turns out he is the employee that was in charge of the repairs and he was aware of my review, which if I understand him correctly got the repairs started. Yippy, I get a Gold Star on my life chart! LOL. Anyway, the conversation with the guy was fun.
Thank you Mill for listening and where is my free weeks stay for calling it to your attention???? LOL, kidding! As a point, I did walk out and look over the new entrance and it is super perfect. You could say, "Beautiful"!

Room Tip: Go for the tall building rooms, it is quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Z8408BJjoem,

Yes! We did listen, and corrected the situation as soon as we could. Thank you for noticing and returning to our property so that we could show off the handiwork! I am glad you let us know you saw the change. Please come back soon, we’d love to see you again!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Stopped here as it was getting late in the day and it is handy to get to straight off the 101. Good parking, room was expensive for what it is. Comfortable but nothing outstanding. Beds were super comfy. Bathroom/ dressing area is large and uncluttered. Lovely toiletries supplied. Beautiful views from the rear of the hotel overlooking the water. Disappointed to find that even though this is a Casino there is no buffet served onWednesday nights! One of the reasons we decided to stop here after a days travel was the thought that we could get a choice of meals without having to go out again after checking in. There is a full restaurant , and a coffee shop option though. Staff were friendly and helpful. The only reason for the less than perfect score would be the cost. In our travels, Double the price of the average highway night stop off and nothing to really justify the difference.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gabdy

Dear Gabdy,

I am delighted to read that you found our beds comfy and our location convenient. Hopefully you found that one night on the Oregon Coast is not nearly enough, and will be back. To find the best bargain on room rates, try to plan your stays between Sunday and Thursday, we usually have great deals on weekdays.

Come again soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We had yet another great stay at the Mill Hotel, my husband had a nice view from our room, a complimentary bottle of champagne was brought to up to our room,a very comfortable bed. There service is always wonderful,thank you again Mill Casino and Hotel

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah N
Suzann_Anaya, Director of Hotel Operations at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear Sarah N,

Thank you again for being our guest! I am so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your most recent visits. Summertime is just around the corner, be sure to book another visit soon!

Happy travels!

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

My job brought me to the area and The Mill Casino was recommend for my lodging. The room that I had was average at best. The walls and ceiling provided some noise reduction, but not enough to cover every foot step from the floor above and the neighbors conversation next door. The bed was not comfortable and due to the smoking in the casino the pillows contained an odor as well. I was lucky to have a water view and a window that opened, which provided the room with fresh air. The gym had decent equipment and the gift shop staff were very friendly. If in the area again I may do some research into different lodging accommodations.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Lindsey W
Suzann_Anaya, Director of Hotel Operations at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Lindsey W,

Your pictures of Coos Bay are gorgeous! Please return and let us try to impress you again! If you are staying here for work, you can contact our Sales department and enroll in our Corporate Negotiated Rate program for year-round rates and upgrades. They can be reached at Sales@themillcasino.com.

Remember that gorgeous sunrise? You can see that over and over again when you stay with us!

Very sincerely,