“Great for large gatherings!”
Review of Wild River Medford

Wild River Medford
Ranked #22 of 315 Restaurants in Medford
Description: Wild River Medford opened in November 2006. We had been hearing from many Medford residents who journeyed up I-5 to enjoy the hospitality of our Grants Pass location. It was clear that a new location would thrive in Medford, and this was the opportunity to bring something new to the Rogue Valley restaurant scene. Wild River Medford specializes in authentic Old World cooking, made from scratch using only the finest ingredients. Wild River Medford specializes in authentic Old World cooking, made from scratch using only the finest ingredients. Our state-of-the-art kitchen is open to view from the moment you walk in our doors. We make fresh dough every day for the pizza and calzones we bake in our wood-fired ovens. We also offer half-pound gourmet Angus beef hamburgers, hand-made pastas, delectable sandwiches on fresh-baked bread, and wonderful salads made with fresh local ingredients.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We really enjoyed the pizza and beer of course. Wild River is great for larger groups wanting to enjoy good food and company. The patio is a nice option for Spring and Summer time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wild River is a good place for a gathering. They have plenty of servers and cooks so no worries about waiting.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Just Not that great, but has a very nice facility. Went there foe a small birthday get together and it was comfortable. Didn't have any beer. I think they make their own.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Ladies Social Group had a huge turnout for our monthly dinner, 25 ladies, all hungry. Our waitress, I think her name is Brittney, was FANTASTIC. How she got ALL the orders straight, no one lacked for a drink, everyone wanted separate checks and had specific instructions for their dinner (no this, more of that, whatever) AND the entire staff came out to serve. We were all served within five minutes of the first to the last, all hot and delicious. I guess I should be speaking more of the food that that INCREDIBLE STAFF, but I have been to MANY dinners where the last to order were just getting their food as others were leaving.

Okay, to food: I had never eaten there before and the varied menu was wonderful, NOT just pizza. I had the most delicious hamburger with grilled onions and garlic - YUM. I am so sorry I did not take a photo, but I was busy eating. Their fries look just a little strange, kinda brown, but were TO DIE FOR, I think someone said they are double fried? Who cares, it was so delicious. I saw HUGE salads that looked fantastic going to others at the table. Almost everyone took something home with them because the food is on the plentiful side. I had one of their brewed beers, with green olives of course (the poor man's martini) and it was just as the server described, not too bitter for me. AND, what a range of beers, you should try the seven beer flight for flavors from the lightest cider to a dark chocolate brew. The onion rings are a MUST when you go! They are huge and crisp even after 30 minutes (we were all trying to finish them.).

You might think this is just a chain restaurant, but WHAT a chain, I probably would not have picked this restaurant as I am not crazy about pizza, but I am SO glad we did.
So remember, for great pasta, pizza, burgers, and sandwiches - this IS the place. If you have seen my other reviews, I am somewhat hard on restaurants coming from the S.F. bay area, but I really loved this place and the staff! The restaurant is TOP NOTCH!
P.S. They have a wonderful dessert menu, but no one had room, so I didn't get to try any.

2  Thank Kitty M
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This is a popular place for the locals. This is our go to place for pizza. They do make thin crust, which is what we prefer. There is a main restaurant area, with an additional nice window or bar seating, with TV for those who want the sports.

Been to Wild River Medford? Share your experiences!