“Cool place to grab a bite!”
Review of Tavern on Kruse

Tavern on Kruse
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavern on Kruse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 157 Restaurants in Lake Oswego
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Description: Locally sourced and seasonally inspired cuisine served in an upscale and upbeat environment.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You could tell that the owners put in a lot of thought to the style and service of Tavern. At night it is even better looking for date night. The bar is a little to colorful for my taste and I expected Tom Cruise from Cocktail to pop out any minute and start juggling bottles (you can thank me later for that visual when you are there and laughing). Great food and great service!!

Kent L, Owner at Tavern on Kruse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks, Nate. I appreciate that more than you might guess.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This was a hopping place the night we stopped in for dinner. Beautiful atmosphere, especially when the doors/windows are wide open. Our group enjoyed several happy hour appetizers...hummus, Brussel sprouts, chicken wings, and the crab artichoke dip. We enjoyed them all. For dinner, I had the cheese torte with a strawberry rhubarb compote (could’ve used more compote on the plate) and it was fantastic! I would definitely recommend this great spot.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Went in for cocktails and some food - we each had a Manhattan, one with Blanton's and the other with Woodford reserve - one was $20 and the other was $18.75 - really - jeez, they just weren't that good. Ordered the bread basket as their kitchen was closing - it was good.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

First visit and we will come back. Location keeps it off the road and provides nice outdoor and indoor space. Roll up door opens in good weather. Menu has is well beyond tavern food. Virtually every item is a step above ordinary. My steak and eggs was cooked as requested and tasty. Croquet Madam was very well dressed and tasty. The Humboldt Fog cheese was excellent. Service was very good. Will definitely come back.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

The garage doors were up, the outside tables were set, happy hour menus were available and we were ready.
A unique selection of beers were available on tap.
I enjoyed langostino lettuce wraps, spicy and delicious.
I followed it with a vegetable flatbread, yum!
My dining partner had a glass of wine with a Tavern salad followed by butternut squash ravioli.
Service was friendly and efficient.
Background music was upbeat but soft enough to allow conversation.
A very enjoyable experience.