All reviews river view great hotel the columbia gorge road noise complimentary breakfast waterfront park walk in shower pool and hot tub the entire staff light sleeper the breakfast area location is excellent the staff was friendly and helpful workout room kite surfers definitely stay here again waffles
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We spent one night at Hampton inn Hood River. The hotel is about two year old.

We use online check in and digital keys are fun to use. Two complementary bottle water were offered at check in. The staff was nice to talk with, and was willing to answer any questions your may have.

We stayed at a top floor room facing north. Two big windows face the water, mountain and bridge. In the morning, we wake up naturally in nice daylight.

Our room is spacious and has very good floor plan. We have enough space. Two queen beds and one sofa bed help our family of four sleep very well.

We had breakfast at lobby breakfast area. The food is good and match Hampton inn’s standard. Everybody have something to eat. Salt water swimming pool looks clean and nice.

Our family always try to stay at Hampton Inn and Suites. They are new, spacious, clean and have good breakfast. Front desk asked us what brought us to Hood River. To me, I think it was because of Hampton Inn.

There was another Hampton Inn and Suites at Castle Rock, about 30 minutes away. I chose Hood River Hampton because the Hood River town is bigger, lots of restaurants and a Safeway nearby.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Franziska W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you really liked the view from your room, and that everything was comfortable and clean. It's also great to hear that the breakfast was good and that your family thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again some time!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Hampton Inn was very nice. Hotel is about a year old, very nice. Property is on the waterfront, great walking area. All staff that we encountered were exceptionally friendly. Our room was very nice and exceptionally clean...only downside was the a/c was VERY loud. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a river view room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Franziska W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us, Kelly! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that the staff were very friendly and helpful. It's also great to hear that your room was spacious and exceptionally clean. Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We booked our room ~2 months in advance, King suite. The room was spacious but we could hear the traffic going over rumble strips, so we looked out the window and there was the bridge and road which sounds like rumble strips. Very close proximity to the busy road, and disappointed that this newer hotel wasn’t thoughtfully constructed. The woman at the front desk had 2 other unoccupied rooms to possibly switch to, but they were a floor up and the road noise was just as bad but with the added ‘ding’ from the elevator. We stayed for 2 nights because we were there for a wedding. Thr staff were friendly and they’d even provided a pack-n-play for our 5mo daughter.
We wore ear plugs and slept okay, but for the price and promise of serene location, I shouldn’t be able to hear every vehicle coming across the bridge!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank melissachristineday
Franziska W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Melissa! We are happy to hear that the room was very spacious and that the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We are so sorry that you experienced road noise during your stay and that due to our occupancy we were not able to move you to a river front room. We are glad to hear that you did have a nice stay with us and we hope you had a fun time at the wedding!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I'd like to preface my review by saying that I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed at many Hilton properties. As a retired construction engineer, I feel I am also qualified to make the following observations, regarding this property. My advice is to demolish it, start over and rebuild it properly. The noise level is ridiculously atrocious! (as many guests have commented on). With products/options available nowadays in the construction industry, there is absolutely NO reason to have this level of noise in a finished property. Honestly, how many hotels have you ever been to that hand out ear plugs? Secondly, the water pressure in the shower is also ridiculous. As far as amenities, the towels, for instance, are sub-standard. They are thin and look like something one would find at a budget motel. Where are the thick, plush towels that are usually present at a Hilton? My wife and I spent over $250.00 a night, for 2 nights and feel, for the first time, totally RIPPED-OFF by Hilton. It's difficult to understand what they were thinking when they built this property, but our whole experience has been a bad one. It is extremely OFFENSIVIE to us that Hilton would charge such high prices for the level of comfort and quality that is present in this property! Is Hilton not aware of what is going on here or is this their new business model? (this is a new property that has recently opened) If this is the way Hilton is going to do business in the future, I can assure you, that they have lost a couple loyal Hilton Honor members. My wife and I are actually going to Europe this fall for 2 months, traveling thru Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Norway and Sweden. We have decided, after our experience here in Hood River, that we will not be spending a dime at a Hilton property anywhere overseas. Furthermore, I do not understand how employees of this property can feel good about selling such an OFFENSIVE PRODUCT at the prices that they sell them for!!!!! I would feel so embarrassed and guilty for ripping off the public and that IS exactly what is going on here at this property. My wife and I have never had a negative review of a Hilton but this whole property is soooo offensive, we just can't stay silent. Our advice to all travelers and visitors to Hood River, is to STAY AWAY from this property, it is no way worth the money/prices. This whole business model is OFFENSIVE!!!!! And the only way for the public to fight back is to STAY AWAY, until Hilton gets the message!!!!! Hilton should be ashamed of themselves!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank csboatwright2358
Reviewed 15 June 2018

When we made our reservation we requested a quiet room on the top floor. Since we had not stayed in this area before we were unaware it was built with many rooms facing Interstate 84 and train tracks. After trying to sleep but being kept awake by the noise I went down to the front desk. The person at the desk gave me ear plugs and a discount on the room rate but who wants to be zombie tired on their first day of vacation? The staff was great, however. Breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, Virginia! We are happy to hear that the staff provided you with great customer service. We are so sorry that you experienced noise from your room during your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope that you have a wonderful vacation!