“Local fish prepared beautifully”
Review of Tokyo Bistro

Tokyo Bistro
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Coos Bay
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Right across the street from the Old Tower B&B is this marvelous restaurant. We enjoyed the grilled oysters, crab nigiri and several rolls. The VIP ranks right up there as one of the best sushi rolls I've ever had, and I lived in Japan and eat sushi at least once a week. My sole quibble is that they charged for items that normally are complementary and they didn't disclose the prices. We paid for the miso soup, green tea AND a little dish of sunomono. The nickel and dime stuff really added up and was a sad surprise at the evening's end.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Wonderful sushi and other Japanese cuisine. the staff are very friendly and remember guests from one visit to the next as well as what they like to eat.

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

I am a local and have drove past Tokyo Bistro many times; their parking lot is always filled. I was very hesitant in dining there because I do not eat Sushi. I went there with another couple, who suggested we try it. Reservations were made, and advisable. The dining room is small and there is a bar to eat at. They only serve beer, wine, and sake. No one in our party likes Sushi, but we all had super delicious meals. I had teriyaki beef which was a large portion of very tender and tasty bite size beef with been sprouts and rice. Others enjoyed shrimp tempura and chicken katsu. Looking to see what other patrons were having, Sushi was being served at most tables. I will definitely return to Tokyo Bistro and might even give their Sushi a try.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

I heard that the Tokyo Bistro was a great place to get sushi so we decided to check it out. As we were going there the area didn't look all that great but the restaurant looked ok. It is a small place with a sushi bar and seating around a fireplace. We got a table and ordered an appetizer and three sushi rolls to split. The appetizer came right away. Then just as we were done the sushi came. The Japanese mafia is the best sushi I have ever had. All in all our bill came to about $40 with beverages before tip. Well worth it.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

We ate recently at Tokyo Bistro and had an excellent meal.

We would recommend the Tuna Poke Salad, the seaweed salad, and almost any of the sushi, sashimi or rolls! This night we especially enjoyed the Angry Bird roll (spicy) and the VIP roll. The only part of the meal we did not really enjoy were the sashimi oysters. While they were large and tender, they were almost tasteless. The other choice that night were grilled oysters, which might have been better.

The house made hot sake was delicious.