“Good German food & beer”
Review of Blue Heron Bistro

Blue Heron Bistro
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Coos Bay
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: German, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at the heart of Coos Bay Oregon, the Blue Heron Bistro is a small-town German restaurant serving traditional German food, local seafood, and more.
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Very good traditional German food & beer. Also have great desserts of which you get a free one if you pay in cash. Kinda slow when they are very busy.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

This was a total surprise. Delicious German food in a Northern California seaside town. The decor was cute, the server was friendly and efficient, and the food was delicious. The menu offers several German national dishes, as well as some more typical American diner fare.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I have had German food many places, including Germany, and this was right up there with my better experiences. Both our traditional dishes were very good and filling. Desserts were wonderful with many choices. My only disappointment was that the spaetzle was fried, I like it boiled and buttered like pasta, but I understand that either way is traditional. The service was attentive and very friendly. We would definitely return if we were in the area.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I had one of the best schnitzel meals I have ever had. It rivaled the meals that I had in Vienna. We also live in an area near a BMW factory. There are a lot of Germans here and several German Restaurants. This restaurant compares well with those. The service was very good. The décor has above average charm and there i a good selection of German beer. This restaurant is frequented by locals, so reservations are strongly recommended. This restaurant was highly recommended by the B&B that we were staying at in Coos Bay.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We came in at 8pm on a Saturday and we were told they were no longer seating tables, even though they say they're open until 9pm. It was dark, and there was only one other couple in the place. We had been excited to try their menu, but the hostess (who, admittingly, was very nice) recommended we go to the Mexican place down the street which was open later, and we had a very nice dinner there.

2  Thank Kimberly M