“Memorable meal!”

Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Coos Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Voted the best Italian in the Oregon coast, little Italy prepare dishes from fresh ingredients. Serving pastas, chicken breast, veal, fish, seafood, pizza, vegetarians and gluten free dishes located in the historical chandler building in coos bay, the interior is inviting and Italian feel. Large selection of wines and a full bar. Accepting all major credit cards. Banquet room for 50 guest available, no charges for the room.
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Housed downtown in the 1903 Chandler Hotel, the restaurant offers a nice setting for an excellent dining experience. Based on good reviews, we were expecting to enjoy our dinners, but the food and service far exceeded our high expectations. A real plus for us was the Senior Menu that offered fine dining at a significantly reduced cost of $12-13 for an entree, salad, and bread. Normally senior meals are smaller, but hubby's chicken parmigiana with perfectly cooked vegetables and spaghetti filled the large plate. My Manicotti Florentine was smaller in size, but so rich and filling I couldn't have eaten another bite. If we lived in Coos Bay, we'd return frequently.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

The food was amazing! Absolutely scrumptious!!! Also our waitress, Emily, was a little darling. What a beautiful young lady! She was extremely helpful, kind, and respectful. I would definitely go here again!!!!!!!

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food, great service! Our expectations were exceeded multifold. Emily, our server, was wonderful. For a young person she obviously knows her way around the restaurant business as she tended to our every need in a personal way. I had the eggplant parmesan, which is my benchmark for Italian restaurants. It was excellent. My partner had the Greek salad with grilled chicken, which was also very good. We WILL be back the next time we're in Coos Bay!

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Cruising thorough Coos Bay is always a treat for my husband and I. We always make it a point to stop by our Favorite Italian restaurant in the area—Little Italy.

Most of the food here is amazing. Our favorite, however, is the rack of lamb. You get such an impressing portion, it can easily be shared. I ordered the chicken Marsala, which was delightful at every level.

One suggestion I can offer is to ask for a specific pasta side that suites your fancy. What came with the meal was a portion of spaghetti tossed in a basic marinara sauce. We both thought that something more like a pesto sauce would have been a better choice.

The veggies that came with the meal were cooked in a delightful balsamic reduction sauce that enhanced the lovely greens; cooked just the way we love them; firm but not too crunchy.

Our waitress, Emily, was a true delight. Young, yet more polished than seasoned servers twice her age. She made our evening enjoyable.

If the restaurant had a fine tawny port, we would have tried the flourless chocolate cake.

Overall, Little Italy offered a pleasant experience with a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I ordered the chicken Marsala expecting a deep rich sauce over chicken breast. I will say the chicken was well prepared and tender. But the sauce was sorely missing in flavor. No wine to be tasted at all. It came with some sautéed vegetables that were okay. I did not care at all for the red sauce on the side of spaghetti. Much too acidic for me. The other 3 people at the table had the same mediocre review of their dishes as I did. Bonus, large portions.