“Plain old good food”

Fisherman's Grotto
Ranked #37 of 79 Restaurants in Coos Bay
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We had a good lunch . Staff was very nice. They had lots of choices. It is a place I would go again. Charlie the Tuna statue was cute. I did the pure tourist thing. I had my picture taken with Charlie.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We had Curt as our server and were completely taken care of with very friendly and knowledgeable service. We ate the blackened halibut and the prawn and scallop dinner. They were excellent. The place is not elegant dining but if you are looking for great seafood and good service, this is the place.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

We have been there before and this time the food was very good, it was delicious for all of us at the table. But, the restaurant and especially the restrooms needed to be cleaned up a bit to bring this to a 5 star level. It is within their reach based soley upon their food.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

We knew we would find good seafood where the locals eat and we definitely hit the jackpot here. The cioppino was so fresh and flavorful! We would return in a heartbeat! There was a bit of a wait for our dinner but quality does take time. The mixed drinks seemed a little pricey though.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Great food and good service. I have ate here 2 times and satisfied both times.Fish and chips was great. I will come back.