See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2016

I wanted a quiet, restful, peaceful and affordable week away from the hustle-bustle of too many fellow travelers in and out, but close to shops, restaurants, local attractions, and the incredibly scenic Charleston Harbor and nearby Oregon coastline. And I was not disappointed! Charleston Harbor Inn has quality not only in the quaint but modern atmosphere, beautiful decor, and well-maintained and serviced rooms, but in the myriad little details that can turn a great stay into a spectacular one. I stayed in the Starboard Suite, which had a lovely private patio area (with hummingbirds!), a completely meal-ready kitchenette and dining area (real plates, cups, silverware and more), a desk and recliner for reading and writing postcards home, cable TV, free wifi (that always had a good signal for me), a deep Jacuzzi tub, and a huge and incredibly comfortable King-size bed. Renee and her staff made sure I had everything I could possibly need, but they also afforded me the peace and privacy I had been hoping for. They went above and beyond to make my stay memorable. I already miss my morning and evening strolls around the harbor just around the corner from the Inn, and I'm planning to go back next year with my granddaughter. Whether you are looking for a relaxing and enjoyable overnight stay, close to some great restaurants and a beautiful harbor, or you are planning a longer visit, I am being sincere and honest when I say, I would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: The Starboard Suite is off the main entrance way but toward the rear, making it very peaceful and quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Carol Z
Management response:Responded 15 July 2016

It is always nice to receive a review for your business that tells other folks out there how pleased they were with the accommodations we offer. Everyone likes to hear how well they have done doing their job!
But this review was especially nicely written and I am very thankful for that positive feedback. This guest went all out in describing her experience and I am excited that she is returning next year! We try our best to make everyone's visit here with us at the Charleston Harbor Inn a memorable stay and appreciate their feedback. Thank you again for your kind words.
Most all our guests are so enjoyable and wonderful, that I wish there was a place, where the establishment could leave feedback and evaluate the guests. LOL

Reviewed 6 August 2015

On a last-minute trip to the Oregon coast, we found a room in the little port town of Charleston. If you like a full-service hotel, this is not for you. The housekeeper met us at the building and got us checked in and settled, then left until the next day. This was probably once a small apartment building, and currently has 4 units - 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs. Our room was downstairs in the back, and had a king bed, a sitting area, a kitchenette and bath, plus a tiny patio. I believe the front unit is about the same, and the upper units are somewhat larger. Everything was extremely clean and tidy, and very quiet (just heard one thump upstairs in the morning). The building is next door to the Portside restaurant, and within easy walking distance of several other smaller eating establishments. The only negative about the place was that the WiFi service was REALLY slow.

I almost hesitate to post this, as I would definitely like to stay here again, and perhaps should keep it a secret, since it is so small. It is hard to tell which room is which from the website, and there is no online reservations. But we left a message at the phone number, and the owner called us back almost immediately to give us information on the available room.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NEKVT
Management response:Responded 12 July 2016

Thank you for your kind review of my Inn. Actually, the Inn used to be a private residence. The previous owner of the motel across the street, Crapt' Johns Motel, had it built for his family and they occupied it until he sold the motel and his residence in 2003. The property was split - my husband and I bought the four-plex and the motel was purchased by a family from China. We are now two separate entities.
I have improved the internet receptions, so it works a little better now. Posted more pictures with detailed descriptions of the various suites and added more features, like emergency lights in the lobby and upstairs, and safety handles by the Jacuzzi tubs.
I absolutely love your comment about keeping my inn a secret - but I do hope that you spread the word of how wonderful we really are and share it with your friends and family. Thank you for your business, looking forward to see you next time!