“Great food with a pleasant view”
Review of High Tide Cafe

High Tide Cafe
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

When we first entered we were invited to sit anywhere for lunch. We decided on a table outside! Great view of the marsh and remarkably bug free. Becky, our delightful server was very familiar with menu answering all our questions and was attentive to our needs without being intrusive.

We were enroute back to our coach having touristed Shore Acres State Park spotting many many seals, including elephant seals plus a bevy of sea lions. Our travels included many stops and lots of walking iot take many pics so we were hungry.

K had a delicious cheeseburger while I enjoyed the rockfish fish and chips. Both meals were very good and the fries were obviously home made and fresh. Mmmm good!

There are many options on the menu to spark your taste buds including some veggie options.

This is a great stop when traveling in the area where you can expect fresh cooked food, great service and a welcoming atmosphere! Don't miss it!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on a recommendation from a friend. The clam chowder is very good with a twist of flavor from Thyme and Basil! The fish and chips were very good as well. The tartar sauce was very tasty.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful time at the High Tide. The outdoor seating provided the perfect view of the Estuary. We enjoyed live classical guitar as we enjoyed our fish and chips.

The fish was fresh and delicious, and the best part was the chef had gluten-free flour so we were able to enjoy fried fish.

The staff was outstanding as they accommodated our party of 8 with four kids. We will be back. What a great place!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Mom and I ate here yesterday. We had the special of fettuccine with smoked salmon, clams and bacon. It was delicious. We also had small dinner salads. The salads are always very fresh and crispy. We love their Blue Cheese dressing.
We have been here many times both for lunch and dinner just the two of us, with other people and family groups. We are always happy. We think it is one of the very best, if not the best fine dining restaurants in our area. Oh heck, we think it is the best for both the atmosphere and the food. The decor is funky but the food is fine dining even though they do things like fish and chips and wonderful sandwiches amongst fine dining lunches. You have to have fish and chips in a seafood restaurant. The fries look amazing to me. The dinners are also delicious. I have always wanted breakfast here but have not made it yet. Mom and my girls have and say the breakfast is wonderful. I think the menu is quite extensive but not too large. There are always at least four specials that are always incredible.
So I said the atmosphere is funky. It is but in a great way. We love it. There is a big stone fireplace that is wonderful. The windows over the bay are great. Such a lovely view. They set binoculars on the window cells so the patrons can look out. The outside deck dining is lovely with a large yard for the kids to run and play. You will see people in casual dress, dressed up, and even the fishermen that will come in in their work gear. It's perfect for a seafood restaurant in our harbor. That is one of the great joys of The High Tide Cafe. It always speaks volumes of the true life of this area. Everyone, including children seem to enjoy their food and time here. I have never once seen an unhappy child of any age in this restaurant.
We love this restaurant, the food and they have a nice selection of craft beers and wine. I am always too full for desert but I saw a piece of chocolate cake going out yesterday that looked amazing. I wanted to grab my fork and run over to get a bite. The service has always been wonderful for us. I also love that everyone that leaves someone in the kitchen or on the floor always has a big thank you going out. They always appreciate their customers. Yesterday and several other times it was the chef thanking us as we were leaving. I thanked them as did Mom and said "it was very delicious". It struck me that all the sudden the whole kitchen lit up with smiles because they knew we were leaving as very pleased guests. We really were very pleased and satisfied guests. I do not think this is unusual for this particular restaurant. It's just the way it is and we think it's great. Thanks High Tide as we appreciate you also.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

We eat there a couple of times a month. The service is a little slow but why be in a hurry. I enjoy relaxing and the setting is very nice. Very friendly place. If you like to eat and run this is not the place, go to McDonald's. If you're ready to relax, maybe enjoy a brew, enjoy a great meal and enjoy the bay views this is a great place.