“The crab cakes are the best”
Review of Fisherman's Grotto

Fisherman's Grotto
Ranked #7 of 12 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Well it's great but favorite is crab cakes. . They had run out of them so clam chowder was blossoming this means time is I wed to make a return to the area

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We are staying at a RV park nearby and decided to try this restaurant. I had the calamari steak with clam chowder. Steak was good and the chowder was to die for. Wife had halibut. Cooked to perfection, moist and tender. Our waitress "Jennifer" was very good. fast service and very friendly. We will return.

1  Thank bobheidi
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We were in the mood for seafood but especially clam chowder. After looking at homes and property it was a perfect time to try this place out.

Can't say much for the parking lot but once inside we were greeted and seated. (Our server seemed to be the only one handling the whole place. She did an awesome job!!)

Hubby and I decided on the clam chowder and a house salad. Oh my, that was wonderful soup!! Rich and creamy...

The ONLY thing I would change would be the bread... Having warm French bread or soft rolls would probably have tasted better than the garlic toast - but let me assure you, we smelled the toast before it was brought to our table. Yum! (A bowl of pasta and marinara sauce would have been a delightful combo!!)

Would we eat here again? We will be in this part of Oregon for a month. We WILL be back...

1  Thank Budlink
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We visited based on recommendations from local business owners. My wife ordered a mini-sampler and I ordered a $10 combo. The fish, scallops, calamari, prawn were all fresh and tasted great. I loved the batter used on the fish(cod), it was light and crispy. This is not a "fine dining" restaurant, but a restaurant that has great food right there where the docks are located.

Curt, the owner, waited on us and was a wonderful host, he even gave us samples of the craft brewed beer from Seven Devils Brewing. The Sessions flavour was the best.

Most of the poor reviews about The Fisherman's Grotto were for their past service staff. I think things have changed with who waits tables these days.

1  Thank Gary B
Reviewed 25 May 2017

The ambience is not much. Simple tables with metal chairs. But the food is great. I have loved everything I have ever eaten there. And now they have a bar menu so a bloody mary with dinner/brunch is good. Try the scallops and prawns dinner. It is so good.

1  Thank Mary S