StayForLong
All reviews rose room stay there again mike rr home jets bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2021

Reviews and images online were good, so we stayed here. Outdoor temperature was about 90F, but downstairs and 2nd floor were cool. Unfortunately, our 3rd floor room was warm--over 80F even with the A/C and fan running at 60F setting! We could not get the temperature down until about 3AM, when it cooled outside and we could open window and skylight. After about 4 hours sleep, we got up and took a shower. Shower and controls were "good"--best thing about the B&B. However, the shower curtain had mold/mildew on it, which surprised the owner when we reported it. Breakfast was mediocre--the "fresh fruit" plate came with plastic wrap over it; looked and tasted like it was made yesterday and kept in the refrigerator. Omelet was also mediocre: overcooked. We will not stay here again, and do not recommend the 3rd floor rooms! However, the "suites" appeared cool and much larger.

Room tip: Top floor rooms small and hot in warm weather--A/C can't keep up!
Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 12 March 2021

We stayed in the massive Rose room with all the comforts and beautiful antiquities. It was nice to pick our time for breakfast and enjoyed Mikes flavorful food. We could easily walk all over town and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 17 July 2020

Our stay at the RR Thompson house was fantastic. The home is decorated to the period of the house but we had modern amenities like A/C and jets in the bath tub. Mike and Roselyn were warm and friendly, we had good conversations a tasty multi-course breakfast and even enjoyed keeping the unofficially adopted cat from the neighborhood outside. What a great place in a cute, quite town (though the town has a lot to offer food wise). We would certainly visit again! Thank you again Mike and Roselyn for such a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 14 July 2019

I stayed for four nights over the July 4th weekend. I have traveled all over the world and put this inn and hosts on my top 10 list! Mike and Roselyn restored this historiic home/mansion and opened up as a B&B.

Mike and Roselyn are the most kind, caring, gracious, and helpful hosts who went out of their way to help me. I had a knee injury and Mike assisted me every day to get up and down the steps into the inn. Mike would check my schedule and make sure he was home to help me. Truly amazing. Also the first night their son went and picked up take-out food from a local restaurant for me and brought it back to the inn.

I stayed in the very spacious garden room on the first floor. It was beautifully decorated with a matching antique bedroom set, a crystal chandelier, and roses and cherubs on the ceiling. It was so quiet and peaceful, a comfortable bed, and very clean. It passed the you-can-walk-barefoot test!

The breakfasts were yummy, filling, and healthy: a large fruit plate, cheese and nuts, and a different main course every day. The vegetable omelette and french toast were my favorites.

The inn is just three blocks from the main street in Carlton full of tasting rooms, shops, and great restaurants. Such a friendly little town and everyone had nothing but high praise for Mike and Roselyn and their inn.

I had such a wonderful time and can't wait to return to R R Thompson House for another visit soon. Thank you Mike and Roselyn.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2019 via mobile

This house is in a nice location. Quiet, cozy, safe. Just could use some updating. Popcorn ceilings. House smells like it needs aired out. Breakfast is vegetarian. No meat. The innkeeper gave us some excuse that cooking meat smells up the house, which was odd. Fruit plates were handed to us from a refrigerator covered in plastic wrap and we had to uncover them. Odd. Fruit is not freshly prepared. Brown bananas on the plate. I can see if the place were super busy this would save them time, but we were the only guests there, and how long does it take to peel and halve a banana? Coffee was not hot. Lilac room was quaint. Clean. Comfortable bed.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple