Lol.travel
StayForLong
All reviews omelet rose room stay there again fan running fresh fruit mike rr home skylight jets bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2019

I stayed for four nights over the July 4th weekend. I have traveled all over the world and put this inn and hosts on my top 10 list! Mike and Roselyn restored this historiic home/mansion and opened up as a B&B.

Mike and Roselyn are the most kind, caring, gracious, and helpful hosts who went out of their way to help me. I had a knee injury and Mike assisted me every day to get up and down the steps into the inn. Mike would check my schedule and make sure he was home to help me. Truly amazing. Also the first night their son went and picked up take-out food from a local restaurant for me and brought it back to the inn.

I stayed in the very spacious garden room on the first floor. It was beautifully decorated with a matching antique bedroom set, a crystal chandelier, and roses and cherubs on the ceiling. It was so quiet and peaceful, a comfortable bed, and very clean. It passed the you-can-walk-barefoot test!

The breakfasts were yummy, filling, and healthy: a large fruit plate, cheese and nuts, and a different main course every day. The vegetable omelette and french toast were my favorites.

The inn is just three blocks from the main street in Carlton full of tasting rooms, shops, and great restaurants. Such a friendly little town and everyone had nothing but high praise for Mike and Roselyn and their inn.

I had such a wonderful time and can't wait to return to R R Thompson House for another visit soon. Thank you Mike and Roselyn.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2019 via mobile

This house is in a nice location. Quiet, cozy, safe. Just could use some updating. Popcorn ceilings. House smells like it needs aired out. Breakfast is vegetarian. No meat. The innkeeper gave us some excuse that cooking meat smells up the house, which was odd. Fruit plates were handed to us from a refrigerator covered in plastic wrap and we had to uncover them. Odd. Fruit is not freshly prepared. Brown bananas on the plate. I can see if the place were super busy this would save them time, but we were the only guests there, and how long does it take to peel and halve a banana? Coffee was not hot. Lilac room was quaint. Clean. Comfortable bed.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2019

We stayed Friday to Sunday wanted to stay close to the center of Carlton to visit wine tasting rooms. It's the perfect walking distance to restaurants and the tasting rooms in Carlton. The hosts are very sweet and the rooms are comfertable and clean. Everything was kept very true to the style of the house and I think the best way to describe it is cosy. Beautiful, historical and cosy.

Breakfast was a yummy place of fruit and then vegetable omelette one day and french toast the other. We also enjoyed lots of coffee and tea, juice etc.

All in all we were very happy with our stay, the B&B being what we were looking for and the hosts very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Beautiful historic home made special by the hosts. Spent your honeymoon in the wine country and this location was perfect. We had some special requirements and Roselyn and Mike went out of their way to accommodate us. Stayed in the Lavender suite and it was fabulous.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 6 September 2018

My wife and I stayed in the Lavender suite for a 4 night weekend while we were exploring the Willamette Valley. It may be called the Lavender suite, the room's color decor is more into blues. It was furnished with a comfortable king size bed. The room is large as there was a separate sitting area with a table and chairs as well as a loveseat. You had a choice of air conditioning or a fan for those nights you would rather have the windows open. The room has a nice large private bathroom with both a jetted tub and a glass enclosed shower stall with bath products provided. Outside your room here is a small fridge (think dorm room size) in the common area on the second floor. Parking is on the street. The nearest tasting room is about 2 blocks away and Main Street (restaurants and more tasting rooms) is another block further along. We enjoyed the breakfasts were the attraction. Each morning started off with a fresh fruit plate, followed by small plate of nuts, raisins, and cheese, then a main dish, usually eggs or French toast, depending on the day. I would leave the table feeling full, ready for a day of wine tasting. Mike and Roselyn run an efficient B&B. We were happy with our stay.

Date of stay: August 2018