“The Perfect Place”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of A Seaside Retreat

Kitchen area
Queen size bed Queen sofa sleeper
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Queen size bed
Queen sofa sleeper
3/4 Bathroom
Oversize shower (no tub in Guest Cottage)
Washer & Dryer
Electric Fireplace
From the front door view
From the sliding glass door
Dining area
Small semi-private yard
Patio
Small yard
Big Redwood Tree in Stout Grove
Winchuck River as it runs into the Pacific Ocean
Nearby ocean with deeded beach access
Driveway
Welcome!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Overland Park, KS
“The Perfect Place”
Reviewed 13 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

We called Lana after a day of driving up the coast. She was so accommodating on such short notice (we didn't realize we were that close to her place). She was friendly and showed us around. She also showed us her chickens, which gave the cottage a very homey and relaxing feel. She even gave us a free dozen of fresh eggs! We had them for our breakfast-what a treat. Lana's cottage was clean and comfy. Bed (and pull out couch) were comfortable. The kitchen had all the cooking things we need. She is a master gardener. The plants and landscape were so lovely to get up and appreciate in the morning. I would recommend this beautiful, well decorated, clean and peaceful cottage.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The homey feel: beautiful garden, chickens(and eggs), comfy bed and clean
Liked least: we enjoyed al of our stay
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
14 Apr 2016
So glad to have met the 3 of you.. Your trip sounds like a fun get together. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay!
Nathan D
“Great place to get away!”
Reviewed 4 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Very quiet place that was very clean and well organized. Lana was great and very friendly. She was also very nice to my 8 year old son who thought she was a very nice person. Outside of town a couple of miles so it was a great place to just relax. We didn't spend too much time in the rental other than to sleep because my son was always wanting to go to the beach or other activities but I would certainly love to stay here again. The price was great for what you get. Thank you again Lana for all of your hospitality.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: it was actually better than described
Liked least: The internet was a little slow. But I was informed by the renter that it was the internet company so not blaming the renter
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
6 Apr 2016
I'm very glad you two enjoyed your stay. I hope you will visit the area again.
lonnielou...
Santa Clarita, California
“Relaxing, Clean and Quiet Cottage - in beautiful Brookings!”
Reviewed 15 December 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

The lovely, peaceful, and quiet Seaside cottage is located on the beautiful coastal town of Brookings, Oregon. The beach, river and redwoods are all within minutes from the cottage. Lana our host, was so helpful and accommodating! This place is so quiet, never even saw any neighbors the whole entire week we spent there. I loved how comfortable the bed was, wish mine was that comfortable. The cottage is spotless clean and very roomy! The back yard is very private too. I just love the beaches on the Southern Oregon coast, so different than the crowded southern California beaches. Lana left beautiful fresh cut flowers on the table and fresh eggs too! Also, went to the local casino to use the restroom, put $5.00 in a machine, and left with $250!! My husband and I enjoyed our stay and hope to return in the future!!

Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
13 Jan 2016
So glad you enjoyed your stay. LUCKY you on your winnings! I hope you will return to the area and enjoy more of what is around here.
kurtamus
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice, quiet, clean, everything you need to feel at home.”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

Way better (and bigger) than the pictures show, this was a fantastic rental. Lana is friendly, professional and provides anything you could need, including fresh cut flowers, coffee, and a dozen fresh eggs from her hens! It was very quiet and very private, it even has a private flower filled back yard. I can't say enough good about Lana's little slice of heaven. The kitchen has all the dishes and utensils you are likely to need, and the washer and dryer is such a bonus. I will stay with Lana on my next trip to the Redwoods area.

Your age range 50-64
26 Oct 2015
I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay in my Guest House. Hopefully you will find even more interesting places to explore when you visit the area again.
Colleen G
“Very nice retreat.”
Reviewed 3 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Lana, the person who owns this cottage was very accommodating. She even helped me find a dentist. A cap came off my tooth on the way to her cottage. She took the time to look up several dentists in the area we were in and I was able to see a dentist. She also had many suggestions for eating, sightseeing, etc. Her daughter even showed us her collection of agates. We were greeted with a bouquet of lovely flowers from her yard which she had placed on our table. We had everything we needed to enjoy our seaside retreat. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Colleen

7 Oct 2015
I hope you have been able to get your tooth issue resolved. So very glad to have met the two of you. I enjoyed our conversations immensely.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing