“Very nice, quiet, clean, everything you need to...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of A Seaside Retreat

Kitchen area
Queen size bed Queen sofa sleeper
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Queen size bed
Queen sofa sleeper
3/4 Bathroom
Oversize shower (no tub in Guest Cottage)
Washer & Dryer
Electric Fireplace
From the front door view
From the sliding glass door
Dining area
Small semi-private yard
Patio
Small yard
Big Redwood Tree in Stout Grove
Winchuck River as it runs into the Pacific Ocean
Nearby ocean with deeded beach access
Driveway
Welcome!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
kurtamus
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice, quiet, clean, everything you need to feel at home.”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

Way better (and bigger) than the pictures show, this was a fantastic rental. Lana is friendly, professional and provides anything you could need, including fresh cut flowers, coffee, and a dozen fresh eggs from her hens! It was very quiet and very private, it even has a private flower filled back yard. I can't say enough good about Lana's little slice of heaven. The kitchen has all the dishes and utensils you are likely to need, and the washer and dryer is such a bonus. I will stay with Lana on my next trip to the Redwoods area.

Your age range 50-64
26 Oct 2015
I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay in my Guest House. Hopefully you will find even more interesting places to explore when you visit the area again.
Colleen G
“Very nice retreat.”
Reviewed 3 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Lana, the person who owns this cottage was very accommodating. She even helped me find a dentist. A cap came off my tooth on the way to her cottage. She took the time to look up several dentists in the area we were in and I was able to see a dentist. She also had many suggestions for eating, sightseeing, etc. Her daughter even showed us her collection of agates. We were greeted with a bouquet of lovely flowers from her yard which she had placed on our table. We had everything we needed to enjoy our seaside retreat. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Colleen

7 Oct 2015
I hope you have been able to get your tooth issue resolved. So very glad to have met the two of you. I enjoyed our conversations immensely.
Diane S
“The perfect getaway”
Reviewed 26 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Seaside Retreat was the perfect spot for a wonderful 4 day vacation. It was clean, beautifully appointed, and very comfortable. The yard was also beautiful. We sort of felt like we owned the place. Lana, was friendly, and did everything she could to make us happy. She succeeded.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall feeling of the property
Liked least: The mattress cover was a little warm, but I understand it's necessary
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
30 Sep 2015
I'm glad the two of you enjoyed your stay. The conversations were great. I hope you will be back soon!
Redding, California
Reviewed 27 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

1 Aug 2015
So glad to have met you guys! I hope you are successful in your retirement plans for Brookings. I certainly consider it my version of paradise. More adventures await on your return visit.
staceylyn...
Montague, California
“Charming hostess, lovely cottage, walking access to perfect beach!”
Reviewed 23 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

First of all, I have to say that the online photos of this charming cottage do not do it justice. It is a very roomy 1 bedroom cottage at the end of a dead-end street in a charming and quiet neighborhood. It had everything we could need and more (even sand toys for the kids!). It even has its own, rather large private backyard, full of flowers and a lawn for the kids to run out their energy between trips to the beach. The beach access is fairly easy and close. Our 4-year-old had no problem negotiating the trail to and from the beach. The beach itself has a private feel to it, as the public access is little known and somewhat hidden. The sand is clean and soft, and there are great tide pools at low tide. Lana is a wonderful hostess who graciously showed us around and was available to answer any questions we might have. At the same time, she greatly respected our privacy. She is a lovely and friendly person who obviously loves sharing her cottage and the beach with others. I would recommend this cottage to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation with a couple of kids or those looking for a sweet little cottage for a lovers' retreat. We have stayed at many rental houses, hotels, and Bed and Breakfasts on the Oregon Coast, and the Seaside Retreat is right at the top of our list. Don't let the very reasonable price fool you. This cottage will be a favorite!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Jul 2015
Thanks for the great review! I'm very glad you enjoyed my little piece of paradise. Please return when you can!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing