“Breakfast. Yummy”

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Pawhuska
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is our second visit and this place is still a winner. So many items in the store and the restaurant and the bakery upstairs are wonderful.

Our breakfast was amazing. Fluffy biscuits and gravy and a side of potatoes that are so tasty. The migas was TO DIE FOR! Of course, we ventured upstairs for a piece of pecan pie to go.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
"small town"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We wanted to see the Mercantile, it did not disappoint. We had a late lunch, there were four of us each having something different to eat. All was beautifully presented and delicious. The most fun for me was being carded at the age of 74. It is a policy to check the age of anyone ordering alcohol. Our waiter was so energetic and fun.

1  Thank Paulette M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you like Pioneer Woman, you will love this. We arrived early enough to have breakfast at 7AM since I had heard that the lines can be long. We were let in about 15 minutes early but told that serving would start at 7 and to browse the Mercantile awhile. Prices were not bad. Breakfast was awesome. The biscuit and jam along would be enough for a meal. We were also lucky enough to get a ticket to the Lodge which was amazing as well......again, if you are a fan this is a must see!

1  Thank Wendy-Jesse C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are huge fans of the show and loved our visit. We had breakfast twice and dinner once with no wait - the secret in the morning is getting there as they open. We were there on a day that the lodge was open which was a highlight - Walter was there to welcome us!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While my dad doesn't cook, he's been reading Pioneer Woman's blog for years, long before she was famous. My mom has all her cookbooks, and she's been dying to see her restaurant and store ever since she heard it opened, so we were all so excited to finally get to see it.

The store itself was large, beautiful, and fun, while the coffee shop upstairs was huge, not overly priced, relaxing, and inviting. All of us enjoyed looking around in the upbeat atmosphere and sitting in the upstairs coffee shop.

While I loved my visit, and I would go again (especially to the coffee shop) the store, or mercantile, while having some cool the things, were exorbitantly priced. Almost every time I saw the price tag, I blanched and immediately replaced it. A single clear glass with flowers on it was $18. One set of small wooden knifes was $18.50. A simple beaded bracelet was $26. A cowboy hat was $36. I saw a shirt that was over $90. Like... what!? Who would pay these prices for moderately attractive houseware or casual clothing?

The place must be frequented by zillionaires.

So, like, not the largest percentile of her housewife followers.

The only things I could bring myself to buy were a pretty box to house my plastic wrap for $12 and a finger puppet for my nephew at $5. Both reasonable, and the only things I could find that were.

So, in the end, if you're a fan of the Woman, then go; it's worth the experience. If you like coffee or want to a chill in the fun upstairs environment, then go; in that way you won't be disappointed.

Just keep your head and don't blow your wallet on disgustingly over priced "Pioneer Woman" tagged things.