“Service was 5 star,,,,food 4 star, give it a try”

Trapper's Fish Camp
Ranked #23 of 1 758 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Trappers offers a truly unique backwoods fishing lodge atmosphere. It is located in the Reno/Meridian Hotel-Airport corridor, near the Fairgrounds. Trappers has been the "Horsemen's and Horsewomen's Headquarters" for over a decade. A 12 ft. Tall Kodiak bear greets customers as they enter the dining room filled with game trophies, authentic Indian canoes, and a live alligator tank. Favorites, along with signature mesquite grilled seafood dishes, are the blackened prime rib, mesquite grilled steaks, quail, and prime pork chops.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Traveling through town at late dinner time. This place had cars in front of it and good reviews. I had prime rib and my husband coconut shrimp. He got a nice amount of shrimp and they were big he liked it a lot. His dinner came with within and slaw, but he ordered bowl of gumbo. That neither of us liked at all. Seemed to have chili spice that was strong and left an odd coating in your mouth. It did not get eaten. My prime rib was very good. Tender and moist came with baked potato and side salad. Side salad was fair at best as it was just bagged iceberg lettuce that gets the brown edges at the end of the day ( and they were brown). Fried onions on the top of salad and prime rib plate added nice flavor. Warm bread with butter came out. We could not eat another bite. So we did not have dessert but the tables all around us was ordering banana foster. I would recommend this restaurant. Pub like atmosphere with woodsy outdoor decor. I gave it 4 star due to gumbo and the salad. The service was wonderful. Very attentive to our needs. The food came out fast.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Dont have a bad word to say about it. Lovely food, attentive staff, great ambience and interesting décor. Would defoo go here again if I was in the area.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a Cajun/Louisiana style restaurant with folksy decor. They have a pretty extensive menu that includes great seafood choices, prime rib and even pasta, but the specialties are definitely their Cajun dishes.
The portion sizes are generous and quite a few diners departed with leftovers. Prices are a bit on the higher side, although that may just be OK City pricing, I’m not sure.
As for quality, the food my wife and I ordered was very good and what stood out the most to me were the sauces/salad dressings and the salad itself. The deep fried onions in the salad along with what I believe was house made salad dressing was excellent. The black cherry mustard sauce with crawdad tails was inspirational and the Cajun cream sauce and hollandaise (on the broccoli) was superb.
We will definitely come back if we find ourselves in OK City in the future.

FunFresh5641, Owner at Trapper's Fish Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

SWEET! Thanks a bunch! :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This resteraunt has a hunting lodge type of feel with a large standing mounted bear greeting you at the entrance. One of the starter options was alligator and we chose this dish with ½ blackened and ½ fried and it was excellent. It is served on rice and onion strings and I would highly recommend the dish. My husband ordered the tilapia and my daughter order the fried catfish and they both enjoyed their meals; however, I ordered the mahi mahi and was VERY disappointed. It was a very large, thick slice of fish and was extremely tough. The seasonings that were used were tasty but I couldn’t get past the chewiness of it. I took a few bites and then decided I wasn’t going to continue. Unfortunately, when the waiter asked if our meals were ok I explained that mine was not good and he asked if I wanted a box to take it home!! I explained again that it was not good and was tough and that time he did offer to bring me something else but I politely declined. I was surprised that our ticket was not adjusted but we didn’t push the issue since the rest of our meals were good.

We are sorry to hear about your Mahi Mahi. Please feel free to contact us at funfresh@swbell.net as we would love to get this resolved for you. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and we hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again and hope you have a good day!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This really was a fun place to eat and relax. The outside of the restaurant is rustic, like a log cabin. A greeter opens the door and welcomes you over to the hostess. We were seated immediately even though the parking lot was packed. The decor is rustic too with animal heads and skull everywhere. Our server, Amber, took our drink order and quickly returned to take our food order. I had the crawfish appetizer and some fried okra which were very nicely presented and well prepared. Great meal for me. A look at the alligator in the tank and off we went.

Thank you so much for this awesome review! We greatly appreciate you dining with us and hope you come back and see us! Thanks again!