“Party planning for 84 year mom bday”

Pelican's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 91 Restaurants in Midwest City
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

If I could give a zero I would. And I like Pelicans. But...they use a company to book parties and now I am highly tied to a $550 minimum spend for 33 guests..8 which are kids. Plus tax..plus liquor tax (they forced a $100 bar tab to get to the minimum spend) plus 18% gratuity. The menu is limited and the cost is $15.75 per person for a lunch!! If I cancel they charge me $200. If we go I pay over $700. You do the math..$15.75 for 25 adults and $5.75 for 8 kids. Does not come close to over $700. Apparently a cut goes to this company. Shame on Pelicans to stoop to this low of hog tieing to get customers. All I needed was a quiet separate facility for my 74 year old moms bday party so she could hear people talk.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We went to eat here while in Oklahoma. My family and I loved the food! The portion sizes are big but extravagant. My granddaughter loved the fish tank.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here a few nights ago the shrimp was awesome just like it’s been every time. We had great service also.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I've been dining here for more than 30 years and it still goes strong. The highlight is always the salad bar which at times has a very long queue and it reminds me a lot of the one at Steak and Ale. My favorite of their soup selection is the steak or beef. We usually go for the Early Bird special which applies in the afternoon except on holidays. The seafood is their highlight and they do it well. I often get the grilled Talapia but will have a steak to mix in things. The baked potatoes are always of decent size. Many of the wait staff have been at this location a long time and that's something rare today. This is a place you often don't mind padding the tip a little bit.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We always seem to forget about this place even though it is close to our home. The food is always good and the salad bar cannot be beat. We love the board that lists the fish available that day. Service is also very good.