“Does not honor advertised discounts”
Review of El Dorado

El Dorado
Ranked #11 of 48 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 February 2021

El Dorado advertises on the band discount card. Last summer I went to use the discount card there and they said they aren't honoring it during the pandemic. I understood as nobody could really foresee a pandemic. In the fall when the new band discount card came out I noticed they advertised on it again and therefore I thought that they would be taking it again since they decided to be featured on the card. I have tried to use it since then and have again been told they are not honoring it. Advertising a discount only to not honor it after someone already places an order seems like dishonest business practice. I used to only go to this restaurant for Mexican food, however now they have lost my business and I only go to the other one in town which still honors the band card. It isn't even about the discount as much as purposely advertising discounts and then not honoring them.

Date of visit: September 2020
Write a reviewReviews (59)

Reviewed 21 August 2020

Finally got to try El Dorado Mexican Restaurant in Wilmington, Ohio and found it to be just ok. The food was not that good and the service was terrible. Don't know, maybe went in expecting more and it just wasn't there. Had better tasting food at Taco Bell.
And the service....never got what we needed or asked for that was in addition to our ordered food. Like Sweet and Low for unsweet tea, a side of queso cheese and extra lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Just not what I expected, when I have had pretty good luck at other Mexican Restaurants as a first timmer. We will not be back but for those of you that love this place and like it, wonderful.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 8 April 2020

Always a great experience food is always awesome.Very friendly service, full bar. Great price A+++++

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 7 February 2020

We enjoyed our dinner of Carne Asada here. Steak was perfect and actual flank steak. Rice and beans good waiters smiling and fast. We saw their chicken wings as we were leaving . Looked scrumptious.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank IndianWoman A
Reviewed 4 December 2019 via mobile

Food was good, waiter was good. I ordered street tacos which the waiter told me came with onion and cilantro which was fine. I got my bill and it was $11.99 for 3 tacos then 1.99 for a bowl of onions and 1.99 for cilantro... In confused state I paid and left. I will not go back because of this. The same thing happened to my coworker only for different meal. You can't tell someone it comes with something then charge extra like they added it on.

Date of visit: December 2019