“Great small plates with neighborhood vibe”
Review of Lupo

Lupo
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We watched as they remodeled this space and waited for Lupo to open. Lupo is owned/manage by the owner of La Tavola in Grandview so we knew the food would be great. I love the small plate format and enjoyed grazing and sampling. My husband prefers larger, meal size foods but he loved the flavors. If you are looking for some new flavors with the option of nice/peaceful outdoor seating, this is your place !

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Finally an outstanding restaurant conveniently located in the heart of Upper Arlington. Not just good food, but great food prepared with inspiration and creativity in both the tapas and entrees, paired with outstanding wines at reasonable prices. Sounds Italian, but really isn't. More Mediterranean with partner Ian Holmes from Coastal Local Seafood, who I've dealt with for years, providing them the with freshest fish, shellfish and oysters available. Absolutely do not be afraid of the adventuresome tapas on the menu. The Charred Octopus and Bone Marrow tapas were outstanding. Lovely seating outside and impeccable service.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in on a Saturday and had the brunch menu. Among the blackboard specials were a number of tapas from the dinner menu. Everything we tried was well executed and delicious. We had - Bloody Mary, Dip trio, Burrata, Soft shell crab, and the crispy pork sandwich special

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Wonderful small plates and very good selection of wines. Oyster bar for those who like oysters. A repurposed bank building has new life and I hope this restaurant is around for a long time. Great service indoors or out. Portuguese and Spanish flavor to the menu.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Wonderful, wonderful, and wonderful! Lupo is a fabulous new tapas place that has opened in Upper Arlington. I can’t say enough good things about it. The cocktails were outstanding, the food was amazing, and the service was excellent.

We had made reservations but decided to sit outside on the patio since it was a wonderful night. My wife got the rattlesnake cocktail and I can’t remember the name of the cocktail I got (playa?) but both were very refreshing. For starters we got their bread with seasoned butter and their olives. For the tapas we shared the various plates. We got the salad which came with a whitefish on top. A little mackerel type of taste so somewhat fishy, but good. The charred octopus was excellent as well, not rubbery and well seasoned. The cauliflower was surprisingly good , a healthy portion with lots of nuts to complement the flavors. We also got one of their special tapas (the pig) — very tasty and the nutty textures outside went really well with it. They also had a lamb meatball, which is a fairly large meatball, exquisitely presented and you could taste the lamb. It came out last and was just perfect. My only disappointment was that they were out of their fois gras :(.

We were quite full by then but the server comped us a free cheesecake because he felt the kitchen took excessively long to bring our dinner (it was true but we were enjoying the evening and really didn’t even think of the delay). I should say that the cheesecake was one of the best I’ve had in the Columbus area. Not too light and not too heavy with a perfect amount of blackberry sauce on it.

I shouldn’t be surprised because the owners of La Tavola— one of my favorite Italian restaurants in town — have opened this new place. I just hope that they continue to maintain their standards and look forward to many future visits.