“Loved the atmosphere and service !”

The Original Pancake House
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Description: Inspired by the rich, bold and unique flavors of the Pacific Northwest, our menu features fresh, hand selected ingredients from Oregon and surrounding areas ensuring that all of our breakfast options taste delicious year round. Our goal is to serve you the finest pancakes while providing friendly and courteous service.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This newish restaurant is hidden at the back of a small shopping area and has a cozy, old fashioned diner/coffee shop ambiance with booths and counter service. We had an early lunch on a rainy day. Service was incredibly warm and friendly; our young (male) server even knew how to talk to four year olds ! Food was served hot and fresh. Loved the waffles, silver dollar pancakes and pigs in a blanket (perfect for younger children !) Food isn't inexpensive, but the service and ambience are worth it.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I worked at the original pancake house in Toledo is a 16-year-old busing and dishwashing so when I heard they were opening one in upper Arlington I was very excited it’s still the same great food that I remembered from 40 years ago
Delicious apple pancakes great bacon and eggs and anything else that your heart desires for breakfast or lunch this is the place on the backside of Lane Avenue shopping center

Reviewed 24 April 2018

I went into this place with really high expectations. The pancakes were really good. Unfortunately, I don't think the omelette was quite as good which is the reason for my poor review. Overall, I thought the omelette was a little too dry and bland for my taste.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I decided to have breakfast for lunch. I ordered the sausage patties, eggs over easy, and pancakes. The coffee was very good and they served real cream in little pitchers. The pancakes were freshly prepared and taasty. The sausage was a little overcooked and charred on the bottom. Our server Tracy did a great job refilling our coffee cups with freshly prepared coffee.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Our first visit but not the last.
We’ve missed the Original Pancake House since we moved from north central Indiana. We were regulars at the restaurant in South Bend.
Pleased to see a similar menu with a few differences.
I got my “usual “ poached eggs and bacon with the optional buckwheat pancakes over the standard buttermilk pancakes. My eggs were PERFECTION. I asked for them to be medium to avoid the runny whites they were wonderful. Four strips of thick cut bacon along with my 3 buckwheat cakes.
My wife ordered her favorite 3 crepes. A bit different from the Indiana restaurant with strawberry preserves rather than fresh or frozen strawberries. Delicious nonetheless.
Coffee is good too. Julia D. was our server and helpful with our questions.
OPH is located in the court yard about midway in the shopping center. Lots of parking both in the front and back.
We heard that they are planning to have an outdoor patio area once the weather improves.
Decor is modern, very clean, and warm on a cold day in February place.
Saturday and Sunday are their busiest days as you can imagine. Large waiting area inside with a cool circular fireplace. Benches outside for more waiting space.
Closed on Monday.