“A wonderful romantic getaway!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
travelers...
Cincinnati
“A wonderful romantic getaway!!”
Reviewed 8 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

My husband and I stayed at this cozy, adorable, little cabin for one night. It was all that I was looking for, but even better. I wanted something secluded, a wood burning fireplace (warm and cozy), and a private hot tub!! This cabin was perfect for all three! The cabin was extremely clean, and very nicely decorated. It has a large elvevated deck overlooking a forest. The bed was very comfy, as were the pillows, eventhough we took our own. The kitchen was stocked well. There is a charcoal grill, but we didn't use it. The hot tub was amazing! Very private, clean and 105 degrees. Perfect for the cool Fall day that we were there. The cabin is a bit of a drive from the office (approx 10 min+). We went on a Sunday night, which was a little cheaper. Remember most places close early and the closest store did not sell wine on Sunday. My biggest advice would be make sure you have all the food and beverages to get you through at least your first night. Restaurants are quite a drive away also. You are really secluded from stores, resaurants, gas, and other conveniences. We bought firewood across the street from their office, but it was too wet. The office does sell wood (about $5.00 a bunch) for 2-3 hrs. worth. and it is kept in a closed area so it was dry. We went through alot of wood! Seemed to burn fast for some reason. This cabin has a loft with a queen bed and one bedroom on the first floor with a queen. It's set up for 4 people, but better for one couple or one couple with 2 kids. We loved this cabin and will be going back again! The office staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, if you rent a dvd in the office for $2.00 or bring your own, remember the dvd player is part of the tv, not separate. They didn't tell us so we didn't watch their rental. It was fine though, spent alot of time in hot tub, etc. I would take your own drinking water. I had heard the water had a bad taste out there, but I didn't try it. I could tell the shower water had an odor. The shower was probably the only thing that wasn't so perfect. Check out the flea market a few miles away.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location was beautiful!
Liked least: Shower/water
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Ohio

Liked least: Location
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-44
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with teenagers
Tourists Rugged travelers
OH
Reviewed 21 February 2010 for a stay in February 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 45-54
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists
Management Response
21 Feb 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Elk Cabin and thank you for your kind remarks about our staff. We strive to provide excellent customer service to our customers....YOU! We do apologize for the loss of power, however, I am sure you understand we have no control over this kind of situation. We look forward to your next stay and please do not hesitate to call us if we can assist you in any way. Our number is 800-762-9396.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$159
Night
Week
Book Now
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing