Open today: 10:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Fun

I LOVE IT HERE but 1 thing : The wave pool if you have kids under the age of 12 than i would NOT... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Savage1202
Ohio
via mobile
Awesome vacation

Loved Kalahari. Nice clean rooms, great food choices water park was spacious, some attractions... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Roach1234
Colunbus

Reviews (1 396)
1 396 results
All reviews indoor waterpark water park wave pool flow rider lazy river all ages full kitchen room was clean hot tub game room pizza great wolf lodge day pass animal park swim up bar mini golf laser tag
Selected filters
11 - 16 of 1 396 reviews
Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

We had an exceptional time in the water park itself. The check in staff was very nice and personable. We rented a cabana by the wave action pool and it was worth every penny for our group of 8. $159. Steep but perfectly located near the kids area and wave action pool. Our 3 year old granddaughter loved it. Our server Haley brought us drinks twice. We had three 45 oz specialty cocktails at $35 each with souvenir cups. One $25 smaller version and a $15 beer in the first order. Our granddaughter wanted a fancy drink so we ordered her a virgin strawberry daiquiri based on our servers recommendation. It was also $25 which is insane!!!! Come to find out we could have ordered her a shirley temple for $6.50. Our bill was $205. I didn't look closely when I paid as Haley mentioned twice she was leaving at 3 and asked us to cash out. I added a $25 tip for a total of $230! That's a hefty drink bill for sure. The two disappointing things were $25 charge for a virgin Daiquiri AND THE FACT THAT IF YOU RENT A CABANA THERE IS AN AUTOMATIC 20% GRATUITY ADDED. SO THAT $205 INCLUDED A $34 TIP WHICH I didn't catch. I added an additional $25 tip on top of that. Shame on me for not looking closely, but shame on Haley for not at least telling me about the cost of the virgin Daiquiri for a 3 year old and honestly for taking $59 for a tip. It's such a tough review because the resort is amazing, but the cost of drinks and food is highway robbery. We ordered spinach artichoke dip and chex mix for the cabana because you can't take your own snacks or drinks in. Those were the two cheapest things besides 8oz of chips for $6! That bill was $44! The dip was soupy and mediocre in taste. Overall we enjoyed our time but a one night stay at over $1000, of which over $400 was food and drinks is a lot of money. Finally, if the resort is going to add a gratuity to any service, it should be housekeeping. Those guys worked their butts off and upon departure glancing in several rooms, they were trashed. We left a $20 but they deserved it. Hopefully other guests did the same.

Reviewed 13 February 2021

I have been coming here for 10 years and this was by far the worst experience I have ever had. We didn't get into our room till 5 o clock the room was dirty the balcony was completely covered in snow my daughter got hurt in the Waterpark and getting a band-aid was a huge chore the customer service was terrible it was all around a bad experience and no the problems we had did not have anything to do with covid 19

Reviewed 7 February 2021

Everything was fantastic until Saturday 2/6/2021 when I was changing in my room and a random man opened my door and saw me completely naked.
I did call the front desk, all they could say is we will send you new room wristbands.

No security. No follow up.
I paid so much money for this place and they don't know how to not double book rooms. Disappointed.

Reviewed 11 January 2021 via mobile

We were so excited to spend some time here. We do a water park every year with our kids, last year we went to Great Wolf Lodge, since they did not have a wave pool we decided to go here this year. Our rooms toilet would literally move every time you sat on it, our sink wouldn’t drain properly, the toilet had pee stains on the base, our beds headboard was loose and moved every time you moved so we had to move them off the wall and the sheets are incredibly scratchy. The nicest thing about our room is the fireplace. The water park is cold! One of the hot tubs is not a hot tub by any means and was drained the next day, one pool and multiple slides were closed. The wave pool was crowded, and someone pooped in the lazy river. What a bust. Plus side is they have an awesome arcade but we didn’t come for that. Will not be coming back. It’s a money suck.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 3 January 2021

I was very scared after reading some of the reviews on here and emailed customer service. The next morning I received a phone call calming my nerves about the safety of my family for our upcoming stay.
We arrived around 3:35pm on New Years Day and waited in a line for about 20 minutes to get to our room. No problems whatsoever.
Our room was nice. We did have a few minor issues. The roof was leaking at the smoke alarm(customer service gave us a late checkout bc it wasn’t bad enough to switch rooms), the tub drain was broken and so was the hairdryer. I was not upset about any of these things bc it was a weekend with my family.
The water park was great. Lots of stuff for our 6 and 9 year old to do! The arcade was nice but expensive as you would expect.
The house keepers were all so friendly. Every time we walked by they asked how our stay was and if we needed anything! Loved that!
We smelled NO burning cannabis or cigarettes in the hallways or on our balcony(or anywhere).
There was ample security and my husband even saw a k9 walking around to make sure there were no drugs in the water park.
There were no fights or even rowdy people in the water park and being New Years weekend I had expected it.
Overall a great experience. Our room was very far away so next time I will request a closer room as it’s hard for my husband to walk long distances!
We will be back! Great family weekend!

Date of experience: January 2021