Reviews (1 309)
1 309 results
All reviews surf lounge tgi fridays amusement park hibachi restaurant beach activities lake view suite beautiful hotel cedar point the concierge level lake erie beach access early access to the park coffee maker can't beat the location kiddie pool roller coaster worth the extra money
126 - 131 of 1 309 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My family and I drove 11 hours for this vacation. We stayed in the new section of Hotel Breakers and while it was pretty the a/c was not very good. The thermostat was set to not go under 66 degrees and the room stayed warm. I went down to speak to someone at the front desk about and the lady said someone will come and look at it. I also told the lady at the front desk that we needed the bag that goes into the ice bucket (there was not one left in our room when we got there) and she said they would send someone up with it. No one ever showed about the a/c or the bag. The next day I go back down to get a bag for the ice bucket and I was handed a laundry bag. No big deal but someone should have got me something the first day I asked not the second day. The bed was not comfortable to be fairly new. I did like the fact that it was a brief walk to the amusement park. The pools are clean and pretty beach access. The restaurants are expensive so be prepared. Check in early to get a good parking place. I would stay here again but I wouldn't be crazy about it. I think paying as much as we did, customer service should be better about getting the customers complaints resolved..

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Lisa E
Tyler K, Manager at Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Lisa,

It sounds like we didn’t provide you with the same service that many have come to know us for. I’m sincerely sorry. We pride ourselves in our issue resolution and will use your experience in future training to ensure that this issue is addressed appropriately in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This is the place to stay if traveling to Cedar Point. The rooms are clean and spacious. The location can't be beat. You can walk to both parks and have plenty of eating options. The beach is also right there at the hotel with a lot of activities.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Eileen K
Tyler K, Manager at Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hello Eileen,

We’re thrilled you enjoyed our convenient proximity to Cedar Point, we love making our guests happy at Hotel Breakers. During your next stay, you should try the Cedar Point Nights event on the Cedar Point Beach. Thank you for leaving the positive review, we hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Reserved a Lakeview suite which was great. View was awesome. We had 5 in our room. Pull out couch slept 2. 2 tv's with door separating the living room from bedroom, so it felt almost like 2 rooms. Kitchen area included a small microwave and mini fridge. We stocked up on dry meals that we could add water to & microwave. Bathroom was roomy. Small screened in balcony that fit 2 chairs and one small table. Beach area was great, lots of games set up on it. Nice beach bar too. Pool had a lot of sand in it - which is understandable with the distance to the beach. Hot tub was quite large. Both parks were withing a 3 min walk to enter. If you have to leave the park , they stamp your hand so you can re-enter. So if you want to go back to your room for a snack or use the bathroom, nap etc. - it's nice to be able to do that. Other thing I realized was that my park ticket was like a hopper pass. You are able to go to BOTH parks in one day. Both parks were very clean. We enjoyed the water park too. There is a 21+ over pool that has a swim up bar if you are going with out kids and would like a cocktail. Do the dining plan if you are able. $32 ish for all day dining. Every 90 mins you can eat. I got one and my kids switched off. Panda express and subway are included in this. There is also a drink pass that you can fill up a cup every 15 mins. That was great too. you can bring in unopened water bottles too. The closest store off property was a CVS about 15 minutes away - mind you - it takes you about 10 minutes to get from the Hotel to the beginning of the property. Also through the beginning of July they have a BBQ and Brew fest at the park. TIckets online were $25 a person and you get tickets for 15 samples of beer and/or bbq. It's in the middle of the park. Cleveland was a little over an hour away. . We drove out to see a game at Progressive Field. We really enjoyed that. It was a great trip with everything at your finger tips.

Room Tip: Lakeview suite
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracey O

Tracey,

Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your Cedar Point trip and leaving this great feedback. It sounds like you really made the most of your visit. It’s for people like you that we do what we do here at Hotel Breakers! During your next stay be sure to experience the Jet Express ferry service to Kelleys Island and Put-In-Bay.

Cheers,

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The room was dirty, dirty towels in the bathroom and unswept floors.. Great location to Cedar point and water park. If you plan to go to the pools to relax rethink it, a lit of unsupervised older teenaged kids.

Stayed: June 2018
Tyler K, Manager at Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Donna,

Thank you for your comments. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not a usual occurrence at our hotel and I apologize for our lapse in service. I appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This is our second time at the Breakers. First time was good this time was excellent. Even with an issue I’m giving it a 5... because they solved it.

On our first night we thought we smelled something odd but didn’t find anything overwhelming. On our second night after spending all day...13 hours...in the park we came back to find our room was filled with a very foul odor. It was too much to even set in let alone sleep all night. The staff acted very quickly and could not find the issue. So management contacted us and helped us move rooms. The manager, bell hop and maintenance staff were excellent and had us moved in 20 minutes. We were also given a discount for both nights.

This is a really good place to stay. It has everything you need and allowed us to spend a full day riding coasters. With the short walk to the park and early entry we got to ride everything. It was worth the extra money. The room was excellent. Having a Starbucks on site is a major plus.

I will go back for sure! Thanks for the great service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hi David,

We take pride in giving outstanding service to every guest here at Hotel Breakers. We are very happy to hear that your experience was no exception. Thank you for leaving your wonderful review. I apologize for the issue that you experienced, however, I am happy to hear that our team was able to remedy the situation to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you next time!