All reviews skin care essential oils christie charlie remedies couples pib owner bay island summer
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent place, clean, peaceful and relaxing. Christy is an awesome host. Best B&B I ever stayed at! Love the store and organic products. I'll definitely be back and will recommend to all. Hot tub, steam shower, massage chair, peaceful outdoor garden and more. Loved it!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank nicolerodriguez227
ReikiGal2013, Owner at Freshwater Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Awww, thanks Nicole! It was a pleasure being your host. Come back soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Clean, private,spacious place to relax. The flower garden is spectacular. Plus there is a cute little shop to purchase all natural products such as skin care and soaps. The cat who roams the grounds is adorable and friendly. I would definitely return!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
ReikiGal2013, Owner at Freshwater Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thank you for the kind and honest review. Glad you got some love from Charlie, our cat. He just loves every guest who steps on the property. I also appreciate the shout out about my shop, Freshwater Remedies. Thank you for being a spectacular guest and leaving our apartment so clean and cared for. I hope you had a safe journey back home. See you maybe again in the fall? Oh, I do hope you return soon!!!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Stayed in the 2-bedroom apartment above the gift shop for a couple nights and it worked out perfectly as we were there for an event at the airport across the street. This isn't a loud airport though so no worries there... and if you like planes, bonus!
Freshwater has a great combination of outstanding accommodations along with first-class hospitality from Christie, Cliff, and Charlie. Charlie is the official greeting and send-off cat! The gardens were filed with lavender and other things in bloom and that made the surroundings even more special. Location near, but not too near to the main village square completes the package.

Room Tip: 2-bedroom apartment is great for four adults and two kids, or two adults who want a little breathing room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Oh thank you for the kind and honest review! What an amazing fall event that was, wasn't it? Thank you for being considerate guests of the apartment and leaving it so clean and cared for. Hope to see you and your wife again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My friends and I took a trip to Put in Bay. It was my first time there and we had such a great time. The Freshwater Retreat was just that. Beautiful, comfortable with an old world charm. The owner was very nice and welcoming. We would definitely come back. Thank you for making my first time to Put in Bay a memorable occasion with my friends.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
ReikiGal2013, Owner at Freshwater Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

So glad you all could make the trip together! It was a delight having all of you here and I look forward to your visit again in the future. Thank you for enjoying the space and complimenting all the details and love I put into my home. You and your group were so kind, fun and appreciative. Thank you thank you thank you.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We had a wonderful stay and have agreed that a stay at Freshwater Retreat should be a new tradition for our family. The home was well represented on the website. The hosts were wonderful and the home was inviting (champagne and chocolate was waiting for us in our room) and clean. The period furnishings of the home were charming and I was able to leave the big city behind when I walked through the door. Charlie the "therapy cat" happily greeted us on the lawn as we returned from out day in town. The chickens were friendly and let us pet them. Our room was cozy and cheerful. The location was perfect for us, just far enough away from the town center for some quiet relaxation. I enjoyed getting to know our hostess, Christie. She very kind and helpful. She also has a lovely shop next to the home with organic products and her handmade jewelry. Our stay was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

YAY! SO happy you had such a great experience here. PLEASE COME BACK SOON! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review, too. Thank you for shopping in my lil' shoppe, too. Charlie says, "Meow...come back again!"