“Not the restaurant to order salad….”

The Governor Modern Diner
Ranked #68 of 84 Restaurants in Milford
Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Poor excuse for a salad!

I had the Where’s Waldorf salad. It should be called the Where’s Waldorf granola instead. It had approximately 10 baby kale leaves and some bland red beets. A huge amount of granola though.I definitely would not recommend this. A total disappointment!

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed 17 April 2021

The family went out for dinner. We each had a different meal, which we shared. One had the Reuben sandwich. Packed with great Pastrami on rye, he also had a side of fries. The sandwich was excellent. I like having pastrami rather than corned beef. My wife had lobster funding. It was excellent with guacamole and black beans in the middle, and a great cheese, lobste and shrimp funding. I had the kimchi tomato soup. It also was good...a spicy tomato soup. I had the small plate of chicken livers. Served with potatoes in a spicy red sauce, it was very good; different than expected. My wife had German chocolate pie. The hit of the evening. A chocolate pie, with coconut and Grenache filling. It was super. Our waiter was attentive, pleasant, and instantly available. We will be back!

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank russellp117
Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

The lobster rolls were delicious! Loved the grilled bread and the lobster prep was fantastic! We also had a very good Caesar salad with the best fresh ingredients! Will return soon!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Service was slow.
Kitchen was slow.
Over 20 minutes to get our order taken.
30 minutes to get our food, after that.
Food wasn't all that.
French toast was real good.
Overpriced.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank JoeBnCincy
Reviewed 4 March 2020 via mobile

I’ve been here for brunch and dinner and would certainly go again. Luckily I did not have a wait for Friday brunch or Tuesday dinner. We really liked the Ricotta Toast, John Dandy, goetta and General Tso’s Fried Chicken. These were all extremely good and filling. The pricing is a little on the higher side, but definitely a unique menu. I’ve had a Tacocat cocktail l, which was good, but I will likely not order again considering it is a very small glass for $10. The crinkle cut fries were good, but nothing special. I did not care for the Toll House Pie. It seemed underbaked and didn’t really taste like a baked cookie, as I expected. The churro blondies are good and extremely rich.

Date of visit: March 2020