All reviews miniature golf fire ring canoe livery camp store memorial day weekend primitive camping mohican state park staff was friendly hot tub campers pond
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Got a group of folks together for a camping night. Rented a cabin. The cabin was literally 100 feet from a main road. So much for the peace and quiet of the great outdoors. The cabin was equipped with items to help in grilling out but the beds were horrible! The 'master' was a teeny tiny room with a double bed with hardly any clearance to walk around. We would have been better off pitching a tent somewhere.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The camp sites seem to be very closer together. Even on a buddy site, our awnings could've touched if we moved a few inches. Aside from that, that campgrounds is wonderful. There's a lot of activities to do. They give you a discount at the canoe livery since you're staying at their campgrounds.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2017

My idea of camping is a cabin with electric and all the amenities, complete kitchen, air, real beds, TV, and bathroom! There are numerous cabins which are fully equipped with everything, some with only air, a bathroom and small fridge, others with only cots for those who like to do more primitive camping, and lots of tent sites for those who really want to go primitive. There are also camper and RV sites for those campers who bring their own housing. This is my second year visiting here, and I love it. My grandsons and I stayed for four nights last year, and an entire week this year, as that was more economical. I rented the same A-frame both years, and it was very nice. Everything is included, all I needed to bring was our food, clothing, and our toiletries! There was a hot tub, grill, picnic table, and fire ring included with the A-frame. Across the road from the campgrounds is an entertainment center with three miniature golf courses, an aerial ninja course, canoeing, and go carts you can ride. When staying at the campground, you will receive a discount. All in all, it was a fun week with family!

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Camped in site 101. Definitely will be back. Kayaked our own boats right from the site in their lake. Water was nice and clean. Water pressure is awesome for campers. Catch and release lake. Grounds are very well kept.
Only down side is it is a busy place so camping traffic is non stop makes it annoying when trying to walk the grounds. Wifi was iffy at even attempting to stream music.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I like to go camping once a summer and we thought we'd give the Mohican State Park area a try. Unfortunately, the state park campground was full, so we reserved a "primitive" spot in the Buzzard Roost section (wooded area). When we arrived we were dismayed to find that the sites were tiny and very exposed. There are nice trees around, but everyone is right on top of each other. Luckily our neighbors were quiet, which made for a good sleeping experience (however the open field area was incredibly noisy with drinking games going on until late at night and lots of yelling and swearing--not a good family environment). The shower house was a looooong walk away and there were only about 10 showers for over 200 people. And no hot water :(. The firewood was very reasonable at the camp store, but there was a reason! They were huge pieces of firewood that were just bark and would not burn. The fire ring was also very disappointing with no grate and challenging to cook on. All in all, I would not recommend this campground to anyone.

I will review the canoeing experience separately, but I would recommend getting there early (by 9am) and doing the 15 mile distance. It only took us 3 hours to go 15 miles (with some paddling, but not strenuous) and for the first 1 1/2 we were the only ones on the river on a beautiful Saturday in July.

Stayed: July 2017