“Started Off Well and then..”
Review of Woodstock BBQ

Woodstock BBQ
Ranked #25 of 150 Restaurants in Lakewood
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Description: The meat is smoked out back at this Lakewood BBQ joint dishing up a rotating menu of classic plates like pulled pork sandwiches and brisket with sides of cornbread, coleslaw and mac n' cheese. Set in a 100-year-old building, the renovated space has a rustic, western theme and a sidewalk patio.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First time visit for dinner this past weekend. Greeting was nice and service friendly and prompt. The interior was appropriate for a barbecue place and the decor was updated and nice. Its also had a decent sized bar and the restaurant was deceptively large from what it looks like from the street.

My spouse had chicken and brisket tacos. She said they were very good. I tried some and liked them, however I noticed they had very spicy sauce on them.
The server didn't ask if you wanted spicy or mild so be aware of that if you don't like burning sensation in your mouth. It would have been nice to have the option if you were a first time visitor and unaware.

I ordered brisket, jumbo wings, collard greens and cornbread. The meats were pretty darned good I must say. The collard greens were not cooked properly and somewhat tough. I've spent a substantial amount of time in the south and know how they should be. Tasted great but still somewhat hard and chewy. The corn bread was a nice size and tasted good. Somewhat "wet" but sweet. The texture was a bit off. I also had mac and cheese. It was pretty good, not as creamy as I prefer. HERES THE THING that did me in LOL. When the bill came, the waitress dropped it off and was acting somewhat odd. When comparing the bill to the pricing on the "Spring Menu" for cocktails, the drinks we ordered, were $1 dollar more on the bill than on the menu. When I inquired, the server took it to the bar and adjusted it. The friendliness was gone and she dropped it quickly at our table and scurried off. If it was an error, she didn't apologize for it. If it was on purpose and some kind of skim off the top scheme, they got caught and they knew it. So yeah, food partially pretty good. Wondering about the money aspect now. Doing that all day with many patrons can add up to a nice little take at the end of the shift I would imagine. Things that make you go "hmmmm." I was almost ready to forgive her for the large nose ring that rested in 1 nostril that kinda grossed me out. Oh well, on to the next.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

2nd visit and very impressed. Service on a busy Friday was fast and friendly. They had great brisket and ribs and even though it was packed we didn’t have to wait ages for a table. No kids menu really but the kids were happy with the tacos and the Mac n cheese.
Presentation is pretty basic but when it tastes that good you don’t need any fancy frills.
Another LAKEWOOD success !!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I am not a Barbecue person but had the smoked meatloaf sandwich, it was fantastic, my wife had pick 2 Meats and got Brisket and Turkey.
The place was small inside so you may wait. Others with us had smoked wings, ribs and all very happy.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I don't know what the other reviewer is talking about but my meal was excellent. They offer several types of BBQ sauce and the meats come out lightly seasoned. They give you bottles of sauce to apply to your own liking. There are two sweeter/mild sauces and one slightly hot and spicier. By no means would I actually call it "hot". Over all the meal was excellent. I got the 4 meat sampler platter and was very pleased with my meal. The meats were all cooked to perfection and was falling apart if you just looked at it the right way. As tender as you could ever want it.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Let me first say that I live in Nashville where we know our BBQ. On a recent visit to Cleveland I had the pleasure of dining at the Woodstock BBQ located in historic Lakewood. Upon entering the restaurant my senses were met with the wonderful aroma of fine smoke coming from their smoke house. The dining room is pleasantly uncrowded. The background music added to the atmosphere and wasn’t so loud that it interfered with conversation. Their drink and beer offerings are abundant. I ordered a Bloody Mary that was garnished with Jack Cheese, pickle, pickled onion, olive, celery, and a whole strip of bacon. It was seasoned to perfection and I can honestly say one of the best I’ve ever had. We ordered the Dry Rub Wings (smoked then deep fried) as an appetizer and they were awesome, plump, and perfectly seasoned. It was hard not to order them again for a dinner. They offer Brisket, Ribs, smoked pulled Pork, Jerk Chicken and an array of sides. You can pick and choose which meats and sides you like to create your own unique dinner. Our waitress was friendly and attentive and made us feel at home. I’d highly recommend a visit to this restaurant and can’t wait to come back again.