All reviewslive bandclub roomnice bathroomtypical holiday innmini fridgefitness centerindians gamefamily reunionhousekeeping staffconvenient locationrockside roadimpulseballroomclevelandconferenceshuttlebonefish
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I went to this hotel in August of 2017, and plan to come back this year. The staff was very helpful, and friendly, and the hotel itself was clean, and quiet. There is an Outback Steak House walking distance (about 2 minutes away) also, which is great. The rooms themselves are comfy, and the beds are unbelievably soft. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank feli1106
Tom M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel in August. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took great care of you. We look forward to seeing you on your return visit.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

The room was nice and the bed was exactly as I expect in a Holiday Inn - the best!
Two of us stayed but we were only provided one breakfast voucher. Waitress recommended the buffet. Poor choice - cool, dry food, tepid coffee. The floor was sticky. Only one staff member tried to be welcoming- the rest were clearly (and loudly declaring) wishing they were somewhere else. Two managers walked through with heads down, no smiles, no friendliness, no interaction with anyone. It’s clear why the staff behave as they do.
I’d stay again for the room but I’d avoid the restaurant.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Stayed at the holiday inn rockside road recently. I am a gold IHG Member. Made a reservation there because they wanted $50 more a night to stay at the Springhill Suites. I got an executive room floor. What a joke. When I checked in, the woman said I could have a free drink or amenity points. I said just one free drink (2 of us in the room)?, she said yes, so I took the points. The hotel charged my credit card for about $40 over the cost of the room before I even got to the room. They also told me they were giving me a free buffet breakfast--I said just one?, they said most HI's don't give it. At the happy hour in the executive lounge there was one sad hot unidentifiable appetizer and one small bit of wine left at 5:30 p.m. (happy hour goes to 7 p.m.). The bar there is a throw back to the 70's--skankyish girls dancing together and lonely businessmen. I have to say the room was clean though. Too bad the sun came through the gap at the end of the window in the early morning.Breakfast in the executive lounge was no better. No juice. The couple there with us had to dig in the cupboards to find plates and silverware since none was set out. There was oatmeal, breads and fruit, but not even cold cereal. Why try to be upscale when you are not??No one there to serve. At check out no one asked how my stay was. They knew better. I will avoid any hotels owned by this company in the future. Next time I will spend the extra $50 bucks. You can walk to dinner from there to Bonefish or Outback. It is far to drag your suitcase to the executive side and one elevator was out of service (the working one smelled ancient).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We stayed here for a conference, and mind you, I'm not snobby about my hotels, but this hotel was seriously beyond the pale. The hotel itself was old and tired, although reported as being updated. I will say the bed was comfortable and the staff was very helpful. Outside from that, there is really no reason to stay here, I would go so far as to recommend checking out adjacent hotels if your conference is here.

The lobby is almost nonexistent, the bar-lounge is cheesy and devoid of any charm what-so-ever, and the layout of the hotel is maze like and remarkably not user friendly, not unlike a mouse searching for the cheese in a famine.

The breakfast food was utilitarian, the type of massed produced, practically embalmed food straight off the truck, unwrapped, and served. The fruit salad was surely the saving grace.

As for the gym/pool: in name only. The pool is small and really meant for parents of small children as a means of killing time. The fitness room is merely a glass enclosed cubicle. one of the ancient treadmills was in use, the other was broken.

I told my husband I'm not coming back next year.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Tom M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I would like to start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. and we will use you comments to provide a better experience in the future. The hotel will be undergoing a renovation beginning at the end of the year. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you at next years conference.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We have been coming here for a yearly conference for the past 9 years and it’s a great place for it. Hotel is always clean, beds are comfortable with an extremely friendly staff. And it’s worth the money we pay to stay here. Will continue to attend the conference.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Tom M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you so much for continually choosing our hotel over the years. It's always great to hear when our guests enjoy their stay with us and that our staff takes great care of them. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you at your next annual conference.