“Cosy Bakery”

Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Ross
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 May 2018

A lovely bakery to stop at in Ross whether driving through or planning to stay. Their pies and sweet pastries are lovely and sitting in the bakery eating area beside the wood fire is a special treat especially on a cold day.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Yes, it’s the best vanilla slice I’ve ever eaten! The pies are also 1st class. What a little gem this bakery is. Please do stop in and take a walk around Ross, it’s picture postcard stuff.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I've the pleasure of eating at the Ross Bakery three times over the past 15 years .... I wish it was more.

The Eccles pastry is AMAZING .... it's like a Christmas party in your mouth. For any lovers of plum pudding and rich fruit mince ... amazing.

The vanilla slice .... AMAZING.

The meat pies ... AMAZING.

I'm a raving fan and can't wait to get back to Ross again.

The one thing I missed this time around was the Beesting pastry (they used to be well known for this honey custard pastry and it too was AMAZING) but the vanilla slice and Eccles made up for it !

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

One of the places I really wanted to visit in Tassie after hearing so much about it. The vanilla slice was to die for but everything else including the Tassie pie was just nice. For the prices you pay I'm not sure it lived up to the hype. The customer service was very good though.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I've heard of the Japanese kiki animated film but have never watched it. I was surprised to find out that one of the movie scenes was inspired by this lovely little bakery. Anyway, there was a sign outside the front door that said something like "the world's best vanilla slice". I was a bit hesitant as it looked huge and heavy. But boy was I wrong. It was amazingly light and delicious. If we had had more time, I would have bought a second piece....yummy!!