Half Moon Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kirdford
See available hotels
The Swan Inn(Fittleworth)
  • Breakfast included
Chequers Hotel(Pulborough)
Roundabout Hotel(West Chiltington)
The Angel Inn(Midhurst)
Cranley Hotel(Cranleigh)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fabulous decor and staff. Lovely village. The food we had mixed thoughts about. Personally I’m a bit of a foodie so the menu didn’t worry me too much. However it’s very gamey and dare I say it but a bit poncy. My guest found it difficult to choose something they’d enjoy. Starters and desserts are pricey at around £10. The homemade bread was delicious. The shepherds pie which was the only thing that appealed to my guest was unfortunately under seasoned. Everything was well presented and served. To come here more regularly we’d like to see some more simple accessible dishes.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

My wife chose the half moon for my 50th birthday lunch, and I’m very glad she did. It really was 1st class food and service. It also retains that pub feel which I love. Very interesting and well thought out menu, probably the best pub lunch I’ve ever had.
More pricey than most pub menus but the food and service was much better than most places so I think it was good value.
I also liked how the wine is available in 500ml carafes, more olaces should do that.
I’m already looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Five friends had a lovely Friday dinner at the Half Moon Inn, we all enjoyed our food very much, but we all felt that
more generous portions would have been appreciated, There is a modern country atmosphere and decor, it is very cosy with the different dining areas.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Our first visit to the Half Mon since the renovations. A warm welcome from all the staff into this beautifully renovated Pub. The bar, now separated from the dining room, presided over by a friendly, knowledgeable barman was a pleasant spot in which to peruse the menu over a G & T. (Good selection of gins). A most attractive dining room and superb food made for a very enjoyable evening.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Having previously been for lunch went for an evening meal. The best pub food we have experienced for ages. Very good service as well. I had the terrine followed by venison. Both excellent. Could not fault anything. Highly recommended. We will be back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple