US$76
US$57
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absoloutely love the old vibe you get as you walk into the hotel. Rooms look vintage and make you feel at home. Been here multiple times and would definitely stay here again. Beds are comfortable and rooms are always tidy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Sadia R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last night.. We booked it through booking.com and picked the option to pay by cash on departure of the hotel. We got there and was greeted by an obnoxious receptionist demanded money up front (when we saw the room I understood why they wanted the money upfront) I am on crutches at the moment suffering a broken leg to be told our hotel (if you can call it that) was up 3 flights of stairs with no lift, and through 3 corridors... We walked into the room and it was disgusting (pictures below) we walked in and walked straight back out... I was working in Birmingham coming from Yorkshire me and my wife spoke all night not to return to the hotel. We decided to go back and get a couple of hours as we'd been up 18 hours and didn't wanna drive all the way back to Yorkshire... I've stayed in hindered of hotels but none of them was as bad as this one.. We slept for about an hour, the radiators made such a racket all night we didn't get into bed while gone 4am then had the best of an hours sleep got up and 6am and left... If anyone comes across this hotel... STAY WELL CLEAR I wouldn't not let a dog stay in this hotel. Never mind a human... Disgusting and vile is the only way I can describe it..

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
9  Thank jamiea24
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Do not stay here even if it's the last bed in Birmingham.

We arrived after a 4 hour drive looking to get into our rooms, lay back and relax for a few hours before having to head out. Well we wasn't there long enough to relax.

On arrival the receptionist gave us our keys and gave "instructions" on how to find the room. It is like a dirty damp and smelly old rabbit warren. Every wall was covered in graffiti or vandalism of some sort and the smell of damp lingered in the air.

We spit up to find our individual rooms. I entered the room I had been assigned and the room was full of rubbish and had not been cleaned. The bed had clearly been slept in and was covered in stain and blood. It looked like something out of a horror movie, it gets worse. The room had stairs which lead down to the toilet and bathroom. Walking down the stairs you could smell the damp and mould growing. We went into the bathroom and the bath was full of someone else's dirty bathwater which was brown. The window had not been opened, leading to it being overly humid.

I returned to reception and advised that I was not happy with the room and the reason mentioned above and was told that all rooms are clean and in a satisfactory condition. I took him to the room and asked him to show me what was satisfactory. He said he was really sorry and that it was clearly a mistake. He then provided a second room. Meanwhile my friends where still trying to navigate the hallways in the dungeon to find their rooms.

I made my way to the second room. Walking in I noticed the stained walls and carpets and the immediate smell of damp in the air. The chairs were broken and the toilet didn't flush. Not to mention a plug hanging off the wall exposing live wires. The fire equipment in this place, were also substandard and covered by plastic bags. They would not have picked up if the place was on fire. Which in this circumstance wouldn't be a bad idea.

My friends finally located their rooms to find that they also had issues including live wires hanging out of a light, fire alarm hanging off the ceiling. No shower curtains or privicy screen. Wallpaper pealing from the walls due to the damp and much much more.

We spoke again to the staff and advised we could not possibly stay and rooms are filthy and I am waiting for a refund as I booked through booking.com who since my complaint to them have taken their bookings offline.

DO NOT STAY HERE AVOID AT ALL COSTS, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
14  Thank Corey S
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Where do I start? Firstly given a dirty room with blood on sheets, rubbish everywhere and bath full of dirty water, that was after navigating the filthy maze corridors. Replacement room had filthy carpet, broken chairs, curtains hanging off, toilet that didn't flush, fire alarm covered by plastic bag, sockets hanging off walls with exposed wires. Three friends had rooms also, one had a fire alarm hanging off ceiling no shower curtain, hole in wall plugged by tissue, the others had again no shower curtain, holes in walls, filthy carpet and no idea what the smell was. We couldn't stay and the receptionist just said sorry! Worst place I've ever been, I wouldn't stay here even if I was desperate!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
9  Thank Shaun E
Reviewed 27 May 2018

I still can not believe this place is trading there is clearly no inspection ever carried out we refused to stay and wanted a refund and got an address to email scribbled on a bit of paper still waiting a reply. It is Filthy ive stayed in some basic 1 star places but they look like palaces compared to this.Im convinced its a squat and some one has just set up a reception there. his place should not be on any booking sites.

Room Tip: Stay away at all costs is my tip
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple