“Excellent venue”
Review of The Millstone Hare

The Millstone Hare
Ranked #11 of 22 Restaurants in Southam
Price range: US$10 - US$39
Description: A beautiful, thatched roof country pub located at the scenic setting of Dallas Burston Polo Club in the heart of Warwickshire. Our friendly staff are eager to make your dining experience unforgettable. We have an extensive menu that can easily cater for all dietary requirements. Our bar holds a range of products to suit everyone's taste with lagers from around the world, British Real Ale, choice ciders, diverse range of spirits, and an extensive Wine List. Book your table today!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Lunch menu is limited, but the food is good, the staff are polite and helpful and the venue is excellent.... well worth a visit

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Top Sunday lunch, nice surroundings, friendly staff, very reasonably priced. The best thing though was the quality of the roast meats. We had pork and beef and both were excellent. Beef cook medium rare (but can have well done), pork and crackling both tasted great. All our party agreed it was the best Sunday lunch out we can remember for a while. One of our party GF plenty of options.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We came for a meal and were not impressed. The service was sketchy, the waitress who served our wine didn’t realise we needed a corkscrew to open the bottle. It was her first night to be fair, but that is basic training. The food was not at all great, my main, which sounded great was a real disappointment. My husbands steak was tough and gristley. Desert was not much better, I was expecting cinnamon ice cream, not over sweet tutti frutti. The other half’s sticky toffee pud was barely cooked, not pleasant. The ambience was off kilter, an overly designed pastiche of a country pub. I normally have a rule that I don’t post negative reviews, but I feel I can’t just ignore the shortfalls we experienced at this place. My advice? Get a manager who has an interest in making this a desirable place to eat, it has no history to rely on so therefore it has to build a reputation.

1  Thank happymonday2018
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

After first visiting for a drink I went again for a meal. The investment made in the site is obvious and impressive. However, despite very friendly staff the food was not “gastro” standard. With some very good competition in the area the location won’t be able to compensate for the standard I experienced. If they do get it right it could be a great venue.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

After reading many poor reviews about this place we thought let’s give it the benefit of the doubt.
The building and the grounds are beautiful, really wonderful place. Unfortunately this was the highlight of our visit.
My wife ordered a medium to well done steak - it came out medium rare so it was sent back. I was half way through my meal before my wife’s arrived back (cooked as ordered this time).
I had the beef Wellington which was nice apart from the red wine jus which was more like flavoured water.
They forgot our side order of onion rings and we received these nearly at the end of our meal after having to prompt the waitress for them. This was no great loss as if you had of thrown them at someone they would have caused some damage!!
We are not the sort of people to complain but when asked at the end of our meal we did say it was poor and had the onion rings taken off our bill.
We were told the chef ‘had some problems tonight’ but a) the place was nearly empty and b) it seems to be a recurring theme for this place reading past reviews.
So, we would go back here but just for a drink.
This place has so much promise but seems to be let down by kitchen staff.
Shame.