“New management, refurbished, very pleasant, very helpful, good food and service”
Review of The Leopard

The Leopard
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Definitely worth a visit. We went for lunch and sat on one of the new tables set out on the grass with our dog. We ordered food at the bar, the manager then came out to check whether we wanted all of our order together (we had ordered 4 starters), or split. Nice touch. Food came within 15 minutes, and was excellent. I get the impression that the servers and waitresses are learning their way, but they are all very willing and helpful. We would go back!

Philip a, General Manager at The Leopard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind review and feedback. Yes we are busy recruiting and training staff to deliver the service standards our guests deserve, and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited today and had a lovely lunch. The service was slow and we had to ask for the menu twice, the food was excellent and a wonderful choice on the menu. We ordered coffee and had to wait over 20 minutes for it. Overall I will return as this is local to me a d the food was lovely and well presented.They were busy and I only saw 2 waitresses and the manager. I think you need more staff.

Hi, and thank you for your review. My apologies for the delay in service you experienced, we are busy recruiting and training staff to the standards we strive to achieve, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked a table for six over a week ago and when we arrived there was no record of our booking! Thankfully the restaurant was quiet (probable due to the football) so we managed to get in. Had to wait quite a while for our drinks to arrive and then even longer for the food. We were seated at 12:30 but didn't get our food until 13:30 and then some of it was missing. The yorkshire pudding was missing from the veggie roast dinner and we had to ask for the vegetables to go with the meat dishes. Aside from that the food itself was excellent. This place is a bit of a rough diamond but with a bit of polishing it could really shine.

Thanks for your review, I'm sorry your experience wasn't exactly as we aim. We are recently reopened and aiming to offer the best food and service in the area, but this can take a little time to perfect. I'm glad however you enjoyed your lunch as a whole and look forward to welcoming you back to the Leopard some time soon.
Philip G.M.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice menu, plenty of choice from big meals to bar food. A couple of nice vegetarian options. I chose the mushroom and halloumi burger (with chips) and it was really nice.
Service was a little slow, it took a long time before the waiter came to take our order.
If you're meeting a friend - be warned there are 2 doors into this place, make sure you're not waiting at one door whilst your friend waits at the other!!!!!

Philip a, General Manager at The Leopard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi, thanks for your review. I'm not sure when you visited but we don't actually have a mushroom and halloumi burger on our menu. The Leopard has been under new ownership since the beginning of June, with a new menu, much larger staff team, and a great new look, We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good service - nice food I felt it was overpriced for a pub. We had starters and mains - no dessert and four pints - two waters. The bill was £120 which just seems a bit steep for a family of 4 on a Thursday night. Nevertheless it was hot and tasted good enough for us to decide to try it again 3 weeks later - the menu which was pretty limited had not changed at all and there are no daily specials available or none were pointed out to us. So we left as it was a kind of been there done that scenario

Philip a, General Manager at The Leopard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for your review. I'm a little confused as you mention your meals are 3 weeks apart yet as of today we have only been open 10 days, after a major refurbishment, change of ownership, and complete change of menu..... Wherever you have 'been and done' it clearly wasn't the new Leopard Inn, but you're very welcome to genuinely come and try us.
Philip - General Manager