“Busy”
Review of Carter & Fitch

Carter & Fitch
Reserve with OpenTable
Carter & Fitch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 84 Restaurants in Washington
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Description: Restaurant & Bar offering pizza, smoked meat dishes, barbecue, steaks, burgers and home comforts.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Good food choice, selection for all. Can hear every issue pizza chef had on restaurant floor. Food was good. Very reasonably priced for food and drink. Was understaffed so had a bit of a wait

Date of visit: June 2018
Amber M, Manager at Carter & Fitch, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Sarah C,

Thank you very much for your recent review for Carter & Fitch.

We will take all your comments on board to help us improve our restaurant. We do get very busy during the week with having guests from the hotel and guests from our surrounding areas, we do apology for the wait and will get better at this.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Good menu with quite a variety, & nothing seemed too much trouble, we were a group of 7 & everyone was happy afterwards !
Waitress Lynne gets a special mention, efficient & very jolly, nothing too much trouble & we did try, haha, thanks Lynne

Dear John H,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review at Carter & Fitch.

I will be passing your lovely message onto our team especially Lynne! Thank you for your feedback, hopefully we do see all 7 of you again!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I took my Mother here for lunch for her birthday.
We had a wonderful pamper in the hotel spa with excellent staff, super service and a really good experience overall. So we looked forward to lunch in the on-site restaurant.
BUT.....what a terrible disappointment.
In short:
- TWO HOURS for a quick lunch was dreadful.
- They did not respect my allergy which I mentioned right at the start.
- The food could have been lovely - some bits were, like the soup - but the majority was really inedible (see below)
- Most of all we had absolutely NO APOLOGY. On the contrary, we were the ones to be made to feel like we were difficult.
- And at £41, with not even a whisper of discount, utterly apalling and completely inexcusable.

At first, we were content. I informed them of my allergy right at the start, The menu was varied and so I mentioned it to the waiter who then kindly went to check the ingredients for our choices from the chef. The place was empty so we thought we could have a quick bite before leaving.
We chose mushroom soup and a seafood medly to start, then - welsh rarebit open sandwich and a meatball marinara sub, and then pineapple cake for a desert.
That is when it all started to completely sink finally ending up rock bottom.
The soup and fish took 45 minutes to come. Even then we had to prompt them.
It was actually delicious, but we had no apology for the long wait. also the coating of the prawns had paprika/cayenne - from the chilli family. Fortunately I didn't flare up immediately. But I was upset and annoyed - still no apology, just a bland face.
Mains were awful. The marinara had so much chilli even my Mother disliked it and of course a complete no-go for me.
The rarebit had a brick for toast - a bagel which had clearly been very over-microwaved and so mpossible to chew.
Lastly, the chutney on my plate once again had chilli heat in some form or other.
Finally the cake. It took about 15 minutes to cut our slice and put it on the plate.
And it was dreadful. One of the worst cakes I have ever eaten. three hard layers of thick cardboard with a little frosting (that at least, was nice)
We finally left TWO hours later.
It was truly unacceptable in every way.
The waiting time was dreadful.
They did not respect nor properly accommodate my allergy. I could have suffered a great deal.

And most of all we had absolutely NO APOLOGY. On the contrary, we were the ones to be made to feel like we were difficult.

Mushroom soup, had to with

1  Thank Sptlnow
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Once again I had a faultless meal and service at this establishment adjoining the Mecure George Washington hotel.
The Rib eye steak was cooked to perfection as I like it Rare to Medium. Accompanied with onion leaves, slaw and chips. All washed down with Morrieti beer.

10/10 after a long drive from Milton Keynes.

Doug Yates

Date of visit: May 2018

Dear Doug Y,

Lovely to see you on our trip advisor again! With even more lovely comments, we do always look forward to having you in our restaurant.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I liv near this hotel I am a member of the gym I have heard and saw Carter and Fitch I wanted to try it so I went in on royal wedding day the place is lush inside the staff are friendly and the food is unique based on one of there chefs who travelled around the United States looking for cooking meals to make I would say it's very unique I noticed that they have a real fire pizza oven so I ordered a big and easy pizza made of pulled pork and Jack Daniels sauce and fresh items such as cheese I have had a lot of pizzas over the years I got to say it was the best one I have had the staff were very friendly and the service was fast I will be going a lot more as I lliv so near I also had a pint of cider its was great they also give you a pizza cutting tool to slice your pizza I paid £12.for my pizza I consider it a good price for a pizza cooked in a real fire oven a fantastic place to eat 100 out of 100 from me DJ NIGEO

Date of visit: May 2018
Amber M, Manager at Carter & Fitch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear Djnigeo,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review!

What amazing feedback! We strive on making every customers experience the best it could possibly be, to hear you were overly satisfied with your visit to make you come back again makes us extremely happy!

We are so glad to see you making more than one visit with us and we will be so happy to see you again!

Thank you for your custom.