“Still disappointing ”

Frankie And Benny's - Kingston Upon Thames
Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The instantly recognisable red neon sign and warm inviting interior will ease you into the Frankie & Benny's experience before you can take your coat off! In typical stateside fashion, great service at Frankie & Benny's is second to none. Nothing is too much trouble for our obliging and friendly staff. So loosen your tie, relax, settle into your booth seat and relish the wonderful feeling of a very satisfied appetite!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I had not been here for a number of years following a bad visit . As it had been a while thought we would give it a try. I have to say the service of drinks was prompt, and server polite. But that’s about it I’m afraid. I ordered a chicken in breadcrumbs burger. First was overlooked and you couldn’t cut it. I sent it back and a fresh one was prepared. Second arrived some 25mins later and still hard to eat/cut. As we had the cinema booked I had to just eat what I could do so we could go. Despite the fact I left most of the meal the server said nothing, we had a 241 on main meals voucher, had we not I would not have paid for. Unfortunately I think frankie and Benny’s as a brand can be really hit and miss regardless of the branches visited over the years. This will be the last time I go here again. Despite it being a bank holiday there were only probably 15 tables in the whole place which speaks volumes.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Ate here on Saturday as wanted something local to where we where staying. We booked a table online got to admit was a bit worried about the reviews as we only had an hour till our table time decided to just see how it went. So glad we did our food was lovely and hot within an hour we had ordered, eaten our mains and the kids had also eaten their dessert. No problems with service would definitely go again if ever in the area.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We have been going to Frankie & Benny's for a long time - primarily because the kids like it, however this chain is just deteriorating. Our last visit to Kingston was disappointing and we will stick to Wagamam's when shopping in the future. The staff are friendly enough, but the food took over 45mins for the food to arrive after waiting a long time to place the order in the first place. The portions were small, the food was warm and average quality. My daughter ordered a pudding included in the kids menu which added an additional excruciating 30min wait. I ordered the mini sliders which were basic and poor quality beef - the beef tasted boiled. After requesting the bill a number of times, they brought the wrong bill. Please return the Mediterranean burger back to the menu

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Reserved a table a week prior to Valentine’s Day and asked to add one more person on the day. Everything went smoothly until we had to wait 20mins for our drinks to arrive. Ordered starter and again it arrived very late but this was forgiven because we were starving. Main took 45mins to arrive and one of our main meal(hotdog and chips) was stone cold, it should have been named cold dog instead. The pizza had way too much flour underneath it and hardly had any sauce on the pizza itself. Waiter was rather rude when ordering food, I used to work in restaurants and I was never rude even if the customers acted irrationally so when ever I go to a restaurant I can relate but there is a certain level of professionalism that needs to be present.

We never had any bad experience before and often eat here but this was just unacceptable. We get it, it’s Valentine’s Day and it is busy but better communication is definitely needed here. If need be add more kitchen staff.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We chose this restaurant because one of our party only eats steak and chips, we’ve been before and it’s been fine ( nice enough but not amazing) and we had booked bowling after so it was convenient.

Yes it was a Saturday eve ( 530pm) and we expected busy. But ....

Really wish we’d gone to the other side of the main town to the riverside to eat.

1) we were sat in a booth with severely torn seating. There were other seats available but as they were a little busy we decided not to worry about it.

2) when we ordered we weren’t told until all orders given that in fact they had no steak, no actually he said they had 1 so Dad was going to change his mind so the other person could have it then said none. Later when we complained the manager said all staff had been told the delivery hadn’t come so there was no steak and should have told us when seating us. This is actually a big hung there as I’d say 5-7 dishes include steak on the menu. Yes we could have left but we’d been waiting a while already and had plans, by the time we had walked and been seated somewhere else we could have been late for rest of our evening.

3) the drinks took over 20 minutes to come the starters over 25 minutes - we had ordered 2 to share - dough balls and southern fried chicken strips and when they did come the dough balls looked like they’d barely seen an oven, very white and doughy. In the end the manager bought over our starters, aged having the chicken strips redone as they’d been under a light for ages because they forgotten the dough balls. The best thing we ate all night was the chicken strips ( says a lot when you can bet they come frozen and prepared)

4) the mains - cold onion rings on one, raw peas on another, my pasta was bland and not great, and the fries that had been ordered instead of a steak dinner was the smallest side portion ever.

5) the waiter - worst ever in my opinion. He didn’t really seem to care at all, no apologies for wait times, that my brother in law would only be having fries for his dinner, could have bought or offered to get him extra fries, we would have paid happily. When I asked if we could have further drinks he was stroppy and irritated. He never came back during the mains to see if they were ok.

At the end of the mains I asked for the manager and it’s only her professionalism and the chicken strips that stopped this being a 1* review. She asked him before coming to us if he’s checked everything was ok he’d said no, she listened to our complaints was apologetic that my birthday meal was ruined. We just wanted the bill and to go we weren’t bothering with desserts after that, she came back after speaking to the waiter again and then came back and said they wouldn’t charge us at all. We argued this as we had eaten most of the food bought out and had 2 rounds of drinks and were happy to pay for what we had consumed we just wouldn’t be leaving a tip, she insisted so we thanked her and left. Despite this gesture we will probably not return again