“Simply the Best!”

New Anarkali
Ranked #26 of 53 Restaurants in East Molesey
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The New Anarkali Restaurant invites you to the finest, friendliest and most spacious Indian Restaurants in Surrey and Middlesex. Our fully licensed, air conditioned restaurant has luxurious seating for up to 100 people in the height of comfort. The friendly management and staff have rapidly built up and enviable list of regular customers that include famous celebrities and a member of the Royal Family. Our beautifully decorated restaurant is ideal whether you are looking for a romantic dinner for 2 or a comfortable, spacious venue for your private party or business luncheon.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hubby and I decided on an impromptu meal out Friday evening as we were ‘home alone!’ We could have picked anywhere but fancied a curry, which for us means only one restaurant...the New Anarkali.
We arrived early evening only to find our cousin and his young family all dining here too! We’re always met with a warm welcome and attentive service.
We enjoyed poppadoms and pickles followed by a main course and various side orders. Every dish was absolutely delicious (as always) and we left feeling very full and satisfied.
I really can’t recommend this Indian restaurant enough, and have converted friends and family over the years!

1  Thank Nicki P

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Good quality and tasty food at this Indian restaurant.
Spacious with some large tables so is suitable for large groups.
Parking is not easy at peak times.

1  Thank Blackbelt15241
Reviewed 3 March 2018

My wife and I and a couple of our friends recently had a meal at the New Anarkali- the staff were very pleasant and seated us straight away at a very good table - the food was very good and the portions were more than adequate - we will definitely use this restaurant again

2  Thank Jerry D
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

The meal was going fine till they delivered the mains. I asked the waiter how hot the madras was when ordering as it had 3 chillies next to it on the menu. He said fairly so I ordered, thinking yep I can handle that. What came out was a vindaloo and I wasn't eating that. I asked for it to be changed and then what returned was not a new cooked dish, but just the sauce watered down. It was shocking. It was like a bowl of watery thin soup with meat chucked in.

The waiter then decided to educate me on what a madras was. ( I'm British Indian) very patronising and told me I should have ordered a Bhuna if I wanted a Saucy curry. The other waiter was embarrassed and could see we were being fobbed off.

We then waited ages for the bill and overall the service was poor. Didn't ruin the night but left a sour taste. All the waiter had to do was change the dish and deliver what I ordered, quite simple really. I think they have a new chef and he's finding his feet. Don't order the madras in there.

3  Thank tilesh
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Bad meal and bad customer service tonight. Your momo was a rolled up chapati with shredded chicken inside cut into three pieces. When I questioned this I was told that your momo is different to everyone else’s (in the world). Yeah...not a momo!!
Chicken in my bhuna masala was tough and full of big chunky onions which I had to pull to the side.
My friends madras curry was vindaloo style hotness and when he asked for it to be changed it was re-served to him as a watered down version of the original.
The waiter (there were two, one nice, the other just made excuses the whole time and didn’t apologise for anything).
We were given a 10% discount (Big deal), and when the bill arrived we noticed £10.65 for drinks - a pint and a half of beer and a pint of soda water. We challenged this and were told a pint of soda water & ice was £3.50!
Terrible meal overall, and what made it worse was the fact the waiter didn’t seem apologetic whatsoever.

2  Thank Chris R