See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

basicly I booked this 80 pound a room hotel expecting it to be somewhat nice and was disappointed the hotel resemebles that of American horror story with very tierd old decor the taps in our bathroom where so dis coloured and leaked on and off all night the bed was okay tho.... we checked in and despite it claiming to be near the beach it was 30 mins drive but here come my real issues the owner has the people skills of a lemon and needs to train he's staff we checked in and went to the shop for water for our room on our return I noticed a sign starting no food to be bought on site as I need to eat with medication due long after the times the resturant closed I asked reception if it was okay for us to order take out to be delivered to the hotel later he said my managers a bit dodgy but yea it's fine won't have a problem I said great thanks and went upstairs with my boyfriend we got pizza at 11ish and a elderly man was at reception when my bf bought our food in the old man stoped him and said you can't go in with that my bf explained we already asked and we told okay .... at this point we have no idea who the man is my bf asks I'm sorry do you work here he said he owns the place I then spoke to him and said why where we told that we could then he didn't respond just said we have to eat our dinner outside the hotel.....he told me the man who told me that it was okay was still there i said well go get him I have time to talk he said he won't admit it ... but didn't even make a effort to get him the owner then vanished and I was appalled we also got no sleep and where kept awake by music all night the freeview also only had 2 channels my advice get a tent and sleeping bag and it would be a upgrade ....

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Room clean, very tired decor.
Unimpressed with room temperature being ridiculously hot, no a/c
Asked 3 times for a fan and receptionist was incredibly unhelpful. Had to open windows but this didn’t help.
Noisy guests outside being vile when football was on.
Will not return here. Expensive for room.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed last night . I seemed to be the only guest . Bar /restaurant in the other hotel accross the road but understaffed and a long wait for a drink. Large room tired but clean . Comfortable bed and a good shower.
Would prefer it if it had its own bar. Would use again if in the area

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Lakesidesales, Director of Sales at Lakeside Continental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Stewart,
Thank you for your comments and your observations will be taken onboard.
We hop-e to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Honest review, We had a good stay at this hotel, I have to say first impressions was wow we've just gone back 20yrs or so, but the place was clean and bed comfy, It was never a £129 room but for convenience for the darts it made up the difference, shower was an experience very poor power and was hit and miss on temp, reception staff very friendly (even when we got back from the International bar at 03:00) no problems, breakfast pretty poor but it soked up my hangover a little, If the darts is back at the Lakeside next year (and it might not be) would I stay again? Probably yes I would.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aneurun
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel ideal for the darts. Huge room. Breakfast was ok. Booked last minute as went to afternoon session at lakeside then decided to stay here for evening session. Didn't have any heating in room which we didn't report as got back to late. Would stay again.

Date of stay: January 2018