“Where do I start”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Upon arrival to the Drayton manor camping and caravanning club, which I highly recommend. We were issued with 20% discount vouchers for the grill inn , we now know why... We called up to see if they were airing the England vs Belgium game and we were informed that it was getting terribly busy and we should book a table, we requested a table near the tv to watch the football when we arrived we were surprised to see How run down the restaurant was when appearing online as us lovely modern grill with only us and another table only there. We were granted With a table in front of children’s TV Channel pop with no children present in the restaurant. We finally prised open our menus with what seemed to be stuck down with barbecue sauce and last weeks dinners. We then ordered the drinks, Two ciders and two waters. On delivery of our drinks which came in murky plastic glasses and no ice despite ordering extra ice. We then got ordering starters myself ordering the nachos whilst the other half ordered the crispy calamari. The calamari tasted like chicken balls from the Chinese shop whilst the nachos came stuck together with the cheapest plastic cheese going, that was cold and needed a hacksaw to come apart. The staff seems to be quite polite but never actually spoke to us to ask us how are delightful meal was going. We cut the meal short after realising you needed a mortgage for the main courses and got on the Just Eat, Where we order a curry from cinnamons and May I say it was a great curry for a great price. Overall I would not go back to the Grill Inn And would not recommend it top the night off England lost not a great night at all !!!!

1  Thank Millie M

Hi Millie M,

I do apologize about your recent visit here to the Grill Inn it is never our intention for anyone to leave dissatisfied.

With all the world cup games we have been getting very busy so it is always advisable to book and i'm sorry that is not what came across to you on the phone. Although there was one TV on POP all the other TVs in the Grill were tuned in to the football so there was plenty of opportunity for you to view the game.

We thank you for your review

Regards The Grill Inn

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was excellent and me and my mate received great service from Josh in particular, very funny and friendly. He also noticed my mate was chilly so offered to turn the air con off, him and Laura made our experience very pleasant and we’d 100% recommend this restraunt due to the great food and staff.

Hello Mason B,

I'm glad to hear that you would recommend us and your praise has been passed onto both Josh and Laura.

We hope to see you again soon,

Regards The Grill Inn Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited today for dinner after a long day at Thomas Land and received great service from Georgia as soon as we walked in. She was attentive and very friendly.
She then noticed it was my sons birthday and offered to present his desert on a birthday plate and sing to him which was very sweet of her.
Food was served and it was really good, just what we needed after a long day and we all thoroughly enjoyed it so compliments to the chef.
To top it off the kitchen had written is name fancy on the plate and the restaurant staff sang him happy birthday with a candle in and my son was so happy!
All in all fantastic service from all staff esp Georgia and great food! Thank you.

Hi There Bianca W,

We are so pleased that you had a great time here at The Grill Inn.

I am pleased you received great service from Georgia and your praise has been passed on to her.

We do hope to see you again soon

Regards The Grill Inn Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are at the grill inn as a family of four tonight and it was a massive disappointment.
We placed our order and I requested the chicken and ribs combo. When it arrived there was no coleslaw, so I asked one of the servers if they could get some. He went to the kitchen, and returned empty handed. He stated the chef had made it clear coleslaw was not included. I told him it was, and he insisted the chef had said it wasn’t. At this point I had to find a menu and actually read it out to him to demonstrate what should have been included.
He then went back to the kitchen and returned with coleslaw.
Unfortunately the coleslaw was inedible, very sharp, and a distinct vinegar taste. I advised one of the servers who bought another pot, but unfortunately it tasted the same.
The ribs and chicken were soggy, and clearly had not been grilled. Very poor and not appetising at all. This was £15 alone.
We ordered the sundae for the kids, which arrived minus popping candy. And I ordered a rocky road sundae, which had no honeycomb.
So this is a problem that occurred with both mains and desserts. Additionally to have to practically have an argument to get the correct meal after the chef refused to provide something included in the meal Is quite ridiculous.
We certainly won’t be going to the grill in in the future and would recommend avoiding unless your preference is to be charged for missing items, and enjoy having to justify to a chef why they should serve what you ordered on the menu.

3  Thank Sarah R
Ross C, Manager at The Grill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for your review of your recent experience at The Grill Inn

All the information you have provided on the food quality and items missing has been passed on to the executive chef to rectify with the kitchen team. As you said below you should not have to find a menu to demonstrate what should be included.

I have Spoken with the waiting staff who dealt with the table and also the payment on the evening who have filled me in on the coleslaw issue but no other issues were raised on the evening with food quality of your meals or items missing on desserts. Again I can only apologise these other issues occurred and have passed the feedback to the Kitchen on these dishes.

Many thanks for your feedback and again sorry for the irritants you experienced while dining here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was decently priced, well presented and we had a brilliant waitress called Jess M who was patient and efficient. Great lunchtime respite!

Ross C, Manager at The Grill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for your kind review of The Grill Inn.

I have passed on your praise to Jess M.

We do hope you come back to see us soon.