“The kids loved it!”

Go Ape Cannock
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Rugeley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Here at Cannock Chase in Staffordshire, you're in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Our Tree Top Adventure takes Cannock Chase's breathtaking scenery, a smattering of tree-top high wires, crossings and wind-in-your-face zip wires. It's a proven recipe that never fails. Trust us, it's one of the best days out near Birmingham and the adventure does not need to stop there. You can get off the beaten track and enjoy our latest forest adventure with Go Ape Forest Segway - an epic experience with a down to earth twist. Cannock Chase is also home to our Tree Top Junior Adventure for Mini Tarzans. Release your little monkeys onto a Go Ape course designed for them. No one loves adventure more than kids!
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

2x 9yr olds absolutely loved this activity, check in was really easy and quick. An hour allowed the children to have as many rounds of the two courses - which was a bonus. Safety measures are excellent and lots of opportunities to capture the thrills with your camera. I’d even recommend a GoPro for older children. Great memento of an epic adventure, the kids can’t wait until they’re older enough for the adults course.

All reviews
"birthday treat"
in 7 reviews
"booked online"

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and I had our first Go Ape experience at Cannock and loved it! After the 30min safety briefing we were ready to tackle the course. We laughed our way around the whole course. We didn't want the fun to end! There were around 4 zip wires which for the life of me, I couldn't stick the landing! It was so much fun. We got a certificate at the end and even were recommended some other locations by the staff. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Attended with visiting teens for a “different “ activity. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Safety briefing was performed very well by Molly, who ensured everyone was confident before letting us loose on the course, well done for spotting I needed a different harness for my physique.

The lads, 13 & 15 thoroughly enjoyed it, as did a 27yo and myself (43). Great for the whole family. Over 2 1/2 hours of activity.

Well organised, well laid out, well paced.

I read some reviews and find it a shame people are moaning about waiting for slower groups in front of them, is this not the same wherever you go, this is not the fault of the venue. Perhaps it may be a good idea to advise slower moving groups to allow faster parties to pass and the next section during the briefing????

Finally, some platforms are a little small, but you are safely attached and it’s what you expect.

In all great day, great value!

1  Thank Byron F
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Myself and a group of friends visited to complete the tree top adventure this was our first visit to Go Ape. Started off with our safety induction and fitment of harnesses. I was asked to remove the first harness and given a bigger harness with shoulder straps. Apparently the reason being because " Im so tall" I'm (5'10). There were others in the group that were much taller than me but they got to keep the original harness. So basically it was a harness for larger people (fat). After having our induction we continued to start the adventure. During the climbs and completing obstacles I noticed that the front strap buckles were pinching my thighs and have caused massive bruises either side of my legs. I wouldnt be able to swap back into the other harness as the bigger one was given to me.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My son took the family here to ride Segways as a "different" birthday gift.
I was a little apprehensive at first being over 60. Why did I worry at all. A group of 10 of us had two instructors. They correctly fitted our helmets and went through all the safety talks. They then taught us how to ride the segways going round a simple and then more difficult course until we were confident. After that an hour of unrivalled please. We rode around Cannock chase trails. The instructors were pleasant and engaging and I haven't had so much fun in ages. The only question is ,when can we go again?