“Tree Top Adventure”

Go Ape Cannock
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Rugeley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Here at Cannock Chase in Staffordshire, you're in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Our Tree Top Adventure takes Cannock Chase's breathtaking scenery, a smattering of tree-top high wires, crossings and wind-in-your-face zip wires. It's a proven recipe that never fails. Trust us, it's one of the best days out near Birmingham and the adventure does not need to stop there. You can get off the beaten track and enjoy our latest forest adventure with Go Ape Forest Segway - an epic experience with a down to earth twist. Cannock Chase is also home to our Tree Top Junior Adventure for Mini Tarzans. Release your little monkeys onto a Go Ape course designed for them. No one loves adventure more than kids!
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Myself and a group of friends visited to complete the tree top adventure this was our first visit to Go Ape. Started off with our safety induction and fitment of harnesses. I was asked to remove the first harness and given a bigger harness with shoulder straps. Apparently the reason being because " Im so tall" I'm (5'10). There were others in the group that were much taller than me but they got to keep the original harness. So basically it was a harness for larger people (fat). After having our induction we continued to start the adventure. During the climbs and completing obstacles I noticed that the front strap buckles were pinching my thighs and have caused massive bruises either side of my legs. I wouldnt be able to swap back into the other harness as the bigger one was given to me.

All reviews
"the staff were great"
"health and safety"
"only down side"

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My son took the family here to ride Segways as a "different" birthday gift.
I was a little apprehensive at first being over 60. Why did I worry at all. A group of 10 of us had two instructors. They correctly fitted our helmets and went through all the safety talks. They then taught us how to ride the segways going round a simple and then more difficult course until we were confident. After that an hour of unrivalled please. We rode around Cannock chase trails. The instructors were pleasant and engaging and I haven't had so much fun in ages. The only question is ,when can we go again?

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Me and my partner decided to do something at little different this year for valentines then just the usual.

So we made the decision to give Go Ape a go as we wanted to try it for a while since visiting the location for other activities previously with the children.

The signing in process is very straight forward just please take note of all safety, yes its the boring bit but it keeps you in the trees.

All the staff were great and super friendly especially coming to the aid of my partner when in the need for some extra help.

I was very pleasantly surprised about the whole experience i thought it would be over and done with super fast but was on the course for good few hours with plenty of thrill zip lines which was such good fun.

The course does require a certain amount of physical fitness but people are always there to give a helping hand.

I would definitely recommend wearing gloves which will save your hands when climbing they even have them available to buy at the start if you forget.

Overall a great experience and would recommend to do for all couples who like to do something a little different.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

I wanted a day out with my fiance and two lads. Oh my, what a great decision!! It was a little scary at first, I am 55 and not as fit as I could be, but I did it. We were all buzzing afterwards. The staff are so helpful and friendly. 10 /10. Fab.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Visited the Go Ape Cannock Chase today and was great fun. All the instructors are very friendly and make you feel welcome and at ease.

I’ve done the course before yet it has changed recently and was slightly more scary than I remember! I’m a bit of a wuss but after a detailed explanation by our instructor, you knew exactly what you had to do, it was just doing it!

My friend and I completed the whole course and loved every minute! Some bits were nerve wracking but you just have to breath and trust the equipment.

You even get a certificate at the end!

Highly recommend!