“Great sunday takeaway around !”
Review of The Horns

The Horns
Ranked #46 of 69 Restaurants in Rugeley
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A Real Village Pub, Fresh Food Available All Day, Real Ale, Fine Wine. We serve Prosecco & English Sparkling Wine by the glass. We're Horse & Dog Friendly with fresh water bowls and dog treats by the fire on the edge of Cannock Chase, Staffordshire.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Myself and my girlfriend tried one of their Sunday takeaway meals and was delicious ! So much food.Staff was friendly and helpful with my girlfriend being intolerant to dairy. With covid restrictions was easy to pick up was piping hot. Deffo coming back to try other meals they do ! Thank you horns team keep up the good work !

Date of visit: January 2021
Dawn187059, Owner at The Horns, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your continued support at this time

We are happy to accommodate any dietary requirements for our customers

Write a reviewReviews (689)

Reviewed 8 November 2020

We visited the Tuesday just gone and the week before, both times service was brill and the waiting staff were friendly and efficient. We were informed of track and trace system upon entering, with our table being freshly cleaned before being seated. Drinks came straight after ordering and although the food was a little wait, we all thought it was perfect as to how we would have liked it! We will definitely be coming back once back open ☺️

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank graciea503
Dawn187059, Owner at The Horns, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2020

We look forward to welcoming all our customers back once open

Reviewed 4 November 2020

Upon entering we were greeted by black eyed peas blaring out of the speakers, I thought this was odd but as it had only just turned 12pm I thought maybe the staff had been listening to upbeat music whilst setting up for the day. However this style of music, including continued throughout the whole meal rather loudly. It felt like a teenagers disco not a county pub!
Our waitress was very efficient and quickly took our orders. I ordered lasagne as you can’t normally go wrong with a traditional dish...or so it would seem! The waitress asked if I’d like chips or mash with it which I thought was bizarre, do people really eat mash with lasagne?! When it arrived it had a very thick layer of burnt, grilled cheese on top. After managing to work my way through this I found that the only pasta in the dish was one layer under the cheese crisp and a few pasta twirls mixed through the mince, definitely no layers! It was bland, poor quality mince. It also had a few weird added ingredients such as cabbage and carrot! I’ve never come across this in a lasagne! It was inedible. I explained the issue to the waitress but she didn’t seem overly surprised or apologetic. It then took nearly 30 minutes to receive the bill once we asked for it.
Overall the kitchen has a long way to go to get there standards close to what it use to be

Date of visit: October 2020
3  Thank 862annabelr
Dawn187059, Owner at The Horns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2020

I dear I really must try this lasagne wherever your ordered it from pasta twists and cabbage really??

Feel so sorry people having so much time on their hands to do such untrue reviews

And yet again the music? I can only Smile

The kichen is where it needs to be thats why were fully booked

Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

Booked last minute on a Sunday afternoon after fancying a Sunday roast and we weren’t disappointed!
Seated and explained about ordering , track and trace etc very promptly.
Waitress was very friendly and efficient drinks were ordered and served in less than 5 minutes (it was busy aswell)
The Sunday roast was absolutely beautiful, the waitress asked if we wanted sauces before the meal so was all ready for when the food arrived.
The Yorkshire puddings melted in your mouth , and the Gravy was perfect!
Deserts were also lovely and plenty of choice.
Despite living about 10 mins away from the horns we’ve never eaten here but saw posts on Facebook so thought we would give it a go , we will Be returning! Thank you dawn and team x

Date of visit: November 2020
Dawn187059, Owner at The Horns, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2020

Was lovely to meet you all today

Reviewed 31 October 2020 via mobile

No need for a bad review here, but certainly room for improvement.
Service was fine; staff were friendly, polite and had the correct Covid measures in place. There was a young lad in training that brought the drinks over on a tray like he was balancing a 4 tier wedding cake but no problems there.

The food, however, needs some fine tuning. I opted for the potato skins to start, followed by the chicken and ham pie. The skins were bland and served with some salad leaves that had no dressing. My bbq sauce never turned up. The pie was OK, pastry nice, just lacked a bit of juice. The chips were slightly under done, needed a minute or so longer in the fryer. We asked for 3 portions of onion rings, although only one turned up.

I was surprised they had no bottles of prosecco or champagne. My friends and I wanted a bit of fizz to finish the night off. Would I go back...maybe

Date of visit: October 2020
3  Thank Adam B
Dawn187059, Owner at The Horns, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2020

Yes I remember the table well unfortunately the only improvement needed though would infact need to come from yourself and three friends

After I kindly asked you on two occasions to stop with the inappropriate language you continued to do during dinning with us,

And inappropriate comments to my 17year old waitresses

With reference to the food your plates came back clear all eaten

With reference to prosecco and fizz I infact stopped this coming to your table as clear to see you was all at the limit on alcohol

This is not the vibe I want for this beautiful family friendly restaurant

But thank you for your custom