US$143
US$117
Hotels.com
Boars Head Hotel(Draycott in the Clay)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$105
Travelodge Burton A38 Southbound(Burton upon Trent)(Great Value!)
Travelodge Burton A38 Northbound(Barton-under-Needwood)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$77
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$56
Reviews (2 554)
2 554 results
1 016
1 016
All reviewsevening mealstately homeluxury rooman overnight stayrelaxing breaksteam roomfull body massagebirthday treatsecret escapesroyal suiteafternoon teathree course mealbeautiful buildingfood was lovelybuffet stylelong gallerysnooze room
13 - 18 of 2 554 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time on a Spa day, had a wonderful experience. All staff very friendly and helpful. Fantastic facilities with plenty of relaxation areas. I had 2 treatments booked in both of which were carried out professionally. I will most definately be returning and can highly recommend a visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
H0arcrossHall, General Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Loulouloud,

We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your first spa day with us and hope that there will be many more to come.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been before and I shall go again! My favourite spa hotel In every way!
The setting is glorious and especially on a sunny day!
My friends were upgraded thanks to the wonderful Samantha and she couldn’t have been more charming!
All the food we had was delicious, our evening meal was particularly impressive. The smoked mackerel was delicious.
Just spending time in this wonderful place is a treat.
Until the next time.....

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Clare,

Samantha will be delighted that you have recognised her in this way and we are so pleased you had an exquisite stay.

Until the next time..

With kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Myself, cousin and our daughters had an overnight stay as a surprise treat for my cousins birthday. The stay as always was perfect with fabulous treatments and attentive staff.
My only negative comment would be that lunch on both days was the same, fine if you are there for the day spa however when you are there for two days it was disappointing, this is why I have given 4 instead of 5 stars. A solution could be having several menus so that it is changed on a daily basis. I would still highly recommend a visit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear nikkibow38,

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your stay with us for your cousin's 60th birthday and lovely to read that you found the stay as always as perfect, with fabulous treatments and attentive staff.

We note your comment regarding lunch and will pass this feedback on to Tom, our Executive Head Chef to review.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this through secret escapes as a last night away before Our baby arrives One night, check in 3pm, dinner then breakfast spa access and lunch the next day. Costing (around) £280.

Checking in at 3pm was a bit of a pain as once we’d arrived we didn’t really know what to do as the spa access was the following day. So we sat outside one of the cafes and had coffee and nachos in the sun and it was really nice followed by a walk of the grounds . If it wasn’t so sunny I really don’t know what we’d of done!
Our evening dinner was lovely in the ball room, lovely service, food and atmosphere.
The next morning breakfast was not what I thought it would be for the standard of accommodation and price we’d paid and compared to dinner. If was ok and similar to a budget hotels breakfast.
I was really looking forward to some fresh pastries and there was only a few tiny cinnamon swirls all the fresh fruit had gone too and was never topped up.
Our room was ok, needs a refurb quite desperately though and again not what I expected for the price I’d paid.
Spa facilities were lovely and we were booked in for lunch at 12.45pm. It was a bit strange because we were still full from breakfast and the choices were heavy meals like roast dinner and creamy pastas not sandwiches etc.
We checked out after lunch.

Pros:
Evening meal
Hotel grounds
Friendly staff
Spa facilities
Reasonable drinks prices and lots of options

Cons:
Schedule very backwards: would of much preferred to check in early morning use the spa and be able to change in hotel room, have lunch and then dinner, breakfast and then check out or pay for day 2 of spa if desired. Didn’t work very well the way it went. Checking out 11am and taking your suitcase to the changing rooms and then getting ready in there wasn’t much fun.

Rooms need a refurb including the bathroom, quite dated and not luxurious.
Tv had no guide/menu either could do with an upgrade to smart TV

Breakfast and lunch needs improving to match the standard of the hotel and prices charged (dinner was of a much better quality)

I would go again if the schedule was changed as mentioned. Would be lovely to go for the day with a group of girls next time too.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your booking through spa breaks.

As you have mentioned check in is from 3 p.m. unless you chose to upgrade with an early arrival, however at 3 p.m. you do have full access to the spa from this time and not having to wait until the following morning. We are pleased to read that dinner within the Ballroom met expectation with lovely food, service and atmosphere and note your comments regarding breakfast which James, our Food and Beverage Manager has been made aware of.

Lunch in our Spa Restaurant, Hugo's is a buffet with many options to suit all tastes and whilst we do allocate times we will always ensure that should a guest wish to push back their timings due to breakfast then where possible we will always try and accommodate.

We note your pros and cons list. In terms of the schedule then our guests depart their rooms at 11 a.m. latest given the team to turn the bedrooms around for our arrivals at 3 p.m. and as noted we give the option of an early arrival which includes lunch and access to the spa from 11 a.m. if chosen or access to the spa at 3 pm upon normal arrival.

We do price ourselves competitively and do feel at £140 per person for dinner, bed, breakfast, lunch and spa access from 3 pm on arrival to 6 p.m. on day of departure represents good value for money.

We will share your comments with all the team and hope to restore some of the lost faith should you decide to return with the girls next time.Should you do so then please don't hesitate to contact me directly and the team and I will do our upmost to look after you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Hoar Cross Hall this afternoon for afternoon tea. We had a voucher which was purchased for me as a get well gift from my work colleagues whilst I recovered from breast cancer. Fully recovered now so we decided to go and treat ourselves.
The afternoon tea itself food wise was lovely.
However, where it was served was a different matter. We were seated on a settee that was very low seat position, didn’t enjoy eating it on our laps at all. This spoilt the experience totally as the dining room opposite would have been a much better option looking out on to the gardens. It felt like we were sitting in a corridor - people in robes walking by all the time as well as lots of other people passing by. It just totally ruined the experience. We have done afternoon tea elsewhere and have always been seated in lovely surroundings ie garden room/conservatory.
We did ask to sit somewhere else but were told we couldn’t. Also there was no offer of more tea which to be honest would have been welcome.
Sorry don’t think I would return again

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julie341

Dear Julie341,

Thank you for your review following your visit for an Afternoon Tea. We appreciate your comments and I do believe we are in communication with your husband following his review on another forum.

Please rest assured we have noted your comments and this is currently being followed up by James, our Food and Beverage Manager.