“Lush”
Review of The Hideaway

The Hideaway
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Description: An independent coffee shop/ tea rooms selling a variety of hot and cold beverages. Also selling a variety of freshly cooked food. We also sell a variety of cakes/snacks and use gluten free products, soya and vegetarian.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

One of my best friends introduced me to this cafe and all the staff know her and have little jokes with her. We go here every time we meet up without fail for our lunch. Best place in Burton for food and drinks. Great staff, very friendly. I think the menu is fabulous and I always enjoy whatever I order. I've never disliked my food. I think the prices are great. If I lived in Burton I'd be here every single day. Best milkshakes around, I had a mocha once and it was the best I've had. I don't normally rave this much about a cafe but there's not many I actually trust with food. I'm usually very fussy but not in this cafe. No fussiness from me here.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited this little cafe after reading reviews right here on Tripadvisor and it certainly lived up to the hype. We ordered paninis and they were probably the best paninis I've had for a long time. The food presentation was amazing. The cafe, though small, was clean and the service was friendly and hospitable.

The only reason it didn't score a perfect five was that I think there could be so much more that could be done with this cafe in terms of decor. The interior was more shabby than chic but could be amazing with the correct blend of ideas.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'd heard about this place and saw that it had a 5 star rating on trip advisor so decided to visit. Wow!! What a fantastic cafe. I would give it 10 stars if I could. The place inside is beautiful and quaint. There is a varied menu which is very reasonable. I had a lovely salad and mint aero milkshake. It's a child friendly place as I had my baby with me. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I absolutely loved it and cannot wait to visit again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Oh my days! The homemade cakes here are to die for. I couldn't resist the millionaire shortbread cake you had last week. If I had room I'm sure I'd of had a slice of the french fancy one too. I haven't been in for a while but with cakes like them it may become a weekly visit. Also loving that you do Mr Whippy Ice cream to go with them. Excellent job again ladies well done

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited this cafe on both occasions and I find the staff to be fantastic and the food to be amazing and reasonably priced a hidden gem in new street in Burton I’d definitely recommend this place for breakfast and lunch and will certainly be coming back.