“Worst trip”

Alton Towers Resort 2 Day Admission
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Alton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Escape to the fantabulous world of the Alton Towers Resort - there's so much going on, the fun never stops! England's largest theme park offers 500 acres of attractions and rides the whole family can enjoy including X-Sector, Forbidden Valley, Dark Forest, Gloomy Wood, Katanga Canyon and CBeebies Land!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I've been coming to Alton Towers ever year from a young child. That's over 20 times I've been. Always months height of summer and busy periods. In that time, Alton Towers have not updated the park or built new restaurants to supply for the demand. For this reason it can't cope. I got on a grand total of 4 rides over the two days I was there for Scarefest. It is not on. Alton Towers have started to let thousands more people into the park compared to previous years and seem to be having a lot more issues with the rides. Queue for food and drink is beyond a joke. Park is looking old and tired. Nothing works. Sort it out Alton Towers.

2  Thank RunningBlonde_100
Write a ReviewReviews (15 573)
All reviews
"main rides"
in 209 reviews

1 041 - 1 045 of 15 573 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

What can I say...? It’s so good! I keep coming back for more... and MORE!

The only thing that could improve is the queue time.. eg. Wicker man was a 2 hour queue with one train. They despised to put a new train on just before we entered the ride area! Bit late then! Just think that should’ve been added at the start!

Love it though, who doesn’t!

2  Thank Olly M
AltonTowersCS, Customer Services at Alton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi Olly M,

Thank you for your review.

We are so glad to hear that you keep coming back and that you are making some great memories and having amazing experience with us. Apologies that when they added an extra cart this sis cause some disruption. This can be due to ride ride having more guests than expected. However we will pass your comments further.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The gardens are beautiful, if you’re here take the time to walk through. They’ve just spent £1.9 million renovating the glass houses and they are stunning, they will be getting used for weddings which will be so pretty and an unusual location.
They’re adding rides all the time, the park is clean, staff helpful and pleasant. We bought the refillable cups and these were so worth the money.
I enjoyed the new wicker man ride, the build up before the ride really makes it for me.
The down sides are that they don’t use all of the lanes so it takes twice as long as it has to to get the people on and off. This is obviously to save money.
Food - don’t bother! I had 2 disgusting meals within the park I’d suggest sticking to vegetarian food or chips, the burger was full of jelly gristle and the chicken breast I had for dinner in my Cesar salad was off. If you can, take a packed lunch to save wasting cash on substandard food, I wonder when the last time the health inspector reviewed what they’re serving up.
On the Congo river each one holds 8 people but they were sending them off with 2 people or sometimes single riders, this made the wait unnecessarily long. Every other park I’ve been to puts groups on with other groups to fill the rides. It was 28 degrees and there was no need for the queue to be as long as it was.

1  Thank justgael

Hi justgael,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad to hear that you like the renovations to the Glass houses. We are also very happy to hear that all of our staff were friendly and helpful as we believe this can really help aid you to having a better experience with us. Our Refillable cups are very useful to ensure you stay hydrated especially in the hot weather we've been experiencing.

We will pass on your feedback about how the food left you feeling disappointed. When there is not a long queue for the River Rapids they can send a party of 2 for example round, however when there is long queues they should be filling up the boats and again, we will pass on these comments.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I visited Alton Towers with my friend on the 28th of June 2018. I believe the day could have gone better if, they hadn’t removed the single riders queue. Since there were only two of us, waiting for rides was a nightmare.

We also went on the Rapids, which is supposed to be 8 people per boat, however the members of staff on duty at the time, thought it was acceptable to only place two people at a time on or even just one. This meant that the queue was constantly building up and was causing frustration among all of us due to the heat.

With it being a hot day, there could have been more water rides to help individuals cool down. In addition to that, it was even more of a struggle in the heat since the SkyRide was closed which meant we had to walk everywhere which meant getting to rides quickly, harder.

The new Wiker Man ride was not as enjoyable as I spend half of the time being flung to the sides. I was also VERY disappointed with the Galactica ride as, the VR headset would not stay on and the VR video was disappointing.

Overall, I did enjoy the day there were just certain parts which let it down.

Hi hermi0ne06,

We are really sorry to hear that when you came to our Resort that you left feeling disappointed.

We decided to remove the Single Rider Queue at the end of last Season due to the line getting abused by guests. It was not an easy decision but we appreciate your comments and will take them on board when this is reviewed again.

The Sky Ride does close when the temperature gets too warm, as they are mainly made our of glass it can get uncomfortably warm inside. We appreciate that this is frustrating, but due to health and safety for our guests we have to close the gondolas in these conditions.

We will of course, pass on your comments about having more water rides and that Galactica was not working to its best ability.

We hope this does not deter you from coming back to our Resort.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Visited with our grandchildren aged 5 and 2. The CBeebies hotel was excellent. ..everything was very relaxed and well run. The staff are what makes this place they are a credit to the hotel and should be very proud of the service they provide. Rooms are comfortable and the kids loved the touches it had all aimed at them. Entertainment and restaurant were very good and we all loved it. Its only a 2 minutes minute walk to the monorail to the main gate and you get express parking for leaving at maingate area. Early entry to the park was great got on all the rides with no queues or just st 5 minutes wait. If staying at the hotel do remember to book breakfast/evening meal in advance as gets busy....we will be back ! Loved it !!

2  Thank Liz N

Hi Liz N,

Thank you for your review.

We are so happy to hear that you and your grandchildren had an amazing stay with us at our hotel! We are also glad to hear that you love your time at our Theme Park too.

We can't wait for you and your family to come back to our Resort and hopefully make even more magical memories!