US$232
Reviews (2 890)
2 890 results
1 016
1 016
All reviewsthe secret gardenmoon voyageexplorer roomtheme parksplash landingswater parkalton towersevening entertainmentfamily roomthemed roomsbunk bedspirate shipmy daughterwoodland walksanta sleepoverx boxcbeebies land
115 - 120 of 2 890 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

You know what? This could have been an amazing stay, I was devastated it wasn’t we had such a poor Xmas and New Year this was our little get away. Hotel was immaculate, staff were friendly first night in our standard room was fine, then the next morning there was banging, drilling as if it was next door let’s just say I’m glad I don’t have a heart condition. I called reception and I couldn’t hear the receptionist and she couldn’t hear me due to the noise.
We went to reception and I had paid £270 for a 2 night stay with 1 day in the waterpark. The manager kindly upgraded our room (moon) pictures attached. The room was fantastic really aimed at children. We ended up going to the waterpark for the two days and the second night in the hotel the thermostat went in the shower and because I was lathered up to the hilt I was jumping in and out of the shower so I wouldn’t be scalded. I called reception and within 30-40 mins the maintenance men were there and immediately changed the thermostat. I have to be realistic and understand that these were a series of unfortunate events. I raised this issue before I left and I was given a reference number for 2 Alton Towers theme park tickets. I went w/e 27th January so the theme park was still closed at this point. I’m not sure if we will come back.
We went to the secret garden for breakfast and lunch first day was a weekend and the buffet was set up second day more off peak and just some spa guests and the staff just couldn’t be bothered with the ‘stragglers’ no one showed us where the hot drinks/juice/glasses were as the set up was different from the weekend.
Lunch and dinner was better staff much more attentive and helpful. Food was amazing
The decor was fun and playful very much appreciated for children and adults alike.
Overall
I appreciate the gestures the customer service representative made but the experience of it all was far more stressful than I had anticipated. This mini-break meant a lot to us and just didn’t live up to the standard I had anticipated. I hope you all have better luck!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Shanila Y
AltonTowersCS, Customer Services at Alton Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear ShanilaYasmeen,

Thank you for taking the time to review Alton Towers Resort on Trip Advisor.

We are so pleased to hear that you found the atmosphere and food to be good. However, we are disappointed of many aspects of your stay and can sincerely apologise for that.

We really appreciate your feedback, as this ensures that we are offering the very best to our guests.

Thank you once again and we hope welcome you very soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We stayed for one night only Fri 23/03, parking is excellent very close with wide bays and check in very efficient; the girl on reception was extremely patient and professional with the guests booking in before us they did not understand the cashless system with £50 deposit. Perhaps this should be made more clear on your website.
The room was clean with a separate sleeping area with bunk beds for the children. We ate at the crooked spoon that night which was very pleasant with good service. We had breakfast in the secret garden which was a little chaotic but ok.
It’s hard to be objective after only one night but we would have given full marks if it wasn’t for the late night noise, all of us where woken at some point in the night by slamming doors from both above and the room next door, perhaps we where just unlucky, however I do feel that soundproofing could be improved.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
AltonTowersCS, Customer Services at Alton Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear SeanPul61,

Thank you for reviewing the Alton Towers Resort here on Tripadvisor.

We will pass your comments on to our team at the Alton Towers Hotel. We are glad that you had a great stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Visited Alton towers 27th- 28th. We arrived at around 12pm, went into the hotel to use the toilet and we were advise we could ‘pre check in’ we did this but didn’t make any difference to the check-in!

We headed to the park and spent most of the afternoon there. No queues for the rides, we were very lucky to get on everything with less than 5 minute wait. The Wicker Man was unavailable most of the day so we avoided it.

We had a free round of golf included with the price of hotel, which we did on our way back late afternoon. Once finished we headed back to the hotel where, surprise surprise, we had to queue to check-in!! Took about 20 minutes (the pre check-in made no difference whatsoever)

We headed to our rooms 333 & 335, bed comfortable, could not work the fan/air con. Room was very warm. Carpet is awful, lighting could do with sorting out and the rooms could do with a freshen up but I suppose it’s somewhere kids would enjoy. Being a couple and a family with children it suited us for the night.

We ate in the rollercoaster restaurant which was very fun, quite pricey but it’s an experience we won’t forget!

There was some evening entertainment when we got back but didn’t sit down and watch this, unfortunately singing was awful.

Breakfast in the morning was ok, toaster was rubbish and it took a long time for the hot breakfast foods to be replenished. Ok service and food standards.

We checked out and headed straight for the park, guests have 30minutes extra in the mornings to get in the park but this is only for about 3 rides, unfortunately the queues for the monorail was crazy so we didn’t get there till 10:10- another good day with minimum queues. Got on the Wicker Man after a 60 minute wait! ( longest queue over the two days)

We walked back to the hotel car park at the end of the day, took about 20 minutes, we realised that something had been left in the room so went back to reception before leaving. I explained what we had left and were told there was nothing they could do as housekeeping have gone home for the day and they have the key for lost property! I was told to call the hotel tomorrow and I would have to pay for deliver to have it sent to my home- now if this was something more personal I would not have been happy but what a ridiculous system- A hotel reception that does not have access to the lost property!! Yet the housekeeping staff do!! Never heard of anything so RIDICULOUS and unfortunately this ruined a better review for the hotel. Surely someone would have access to the lost property at anytime, I know if it was my phone or something more important I would not have left so easily!

All in all, ok stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
AltonTowersCS, Customer Services at Alton Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear ge0rgial0uise

Thank you for your review of our Resort.

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment and we will pass this on. However we are glad that you had a great time in the Theme Park and We are glad that you enjoyed the thrill and experience of our rides and that you enjoyed our Rollercoaster Restaurant.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Well the explorer room is very interesting. Stayed there for two nights. The bed and pillow is really comfy and it’s clean.
The Xbox disc for kids though is scratch and don’t play at room 321 so I hope they change that, they should have just kept this at the front desk and will be given upon request so visitors
Look after the desk more for future children.
The breakfast is good but can be improved as Holliday inn express in stroke offered a lot better food and drinks choices than they offer.
The train to park has a long que, you can walk if that will take you nearly 20 minutes in a right phase so if I were you save your feet for the park and just wait for the train.
Check in is quick and easy. Upon check out I didn’t felt that I am valued customer though as the lady who accepted my keys 26/03/2018 between 9:40am to 10am need more training how to make customer feel that us staying at their hotel is a pleasure and have a safe journey back home??? She just accepted the key and the key wallet and that’s it mmm maybe I’m Asian that’s why she think she don’t need to make and effort lol never mind...

Stayed: March 2018
AltonTowersCS, Customer Service at Alton Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Nieva R,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We will ensure the feedback is passed on, if you would like to leave any further feedback please contact gs.feedback@alton-towers.com. Many of our guests prefer our express check out, however we will pass this feedback onto the necessary members of staff.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Checked in a 7pm Bar under staffed secret garden restaurant un eatable discussing food room dirty heater broken and pull out bed is sat on electric heater bath filthy next morning was given key to next door so we could shower breakfast ok splash landings park amazing roller coaster reastraunt amazing novelty food good prices high but worth it complaining is impossible no one at the hotel can help never heard of a hotel with no manager I now no why you pay in advance I had these pictures 20 in total that did not have to be on the internet but no one would look at them

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Hi We Buy A,

Thank you for your review!

We are sorry for any disappointment you experiences upon your visit. Please contact gs.feedback@alton-towers.com with more information.

Best Wishes